You Did What?

Miracle's POV

Since I was 20, I had only been with one man. Erik Stevens. I had met him one night when he was on the Howard campus. It was out homecoming and we had every black rap artist charting and underground there. I had to go back to my dorm really quick to get some things, since I was going to be staying at my friends dorm that night. As I was walking across common ground, he bumped into me. I looked up to see a handsome brown skin male, pearl white teeth, a nice toned body and starter locs.

"Oh my bad shawty, I wasn't looking." He said and it was only then I noticed that he was holding my forearm to keep me from falling.

"Y-you're okay." I said and rubbed my hands against my dress as he let me go. Then I started to walk again.

"Hey wait up. I'm Erik." He said as he jogged to catch up with me.

"I'm Miracle, do you go here?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"Nah I go to MIT." He said and my eyes widened, that school was for like extremely smart students.

"Oh shit wow, wait what you doing down here then?" I asked as if I didn't know. He was here for homecoming of course, who hadn't come here for that? That night he stuck by my side, making sure I made it to my dorm safely and then he walked me to my friends dorm. After I dropped my things off there, he walked me to the concert. From then on he had me wrapped around his finger, and he was wrapped around me. Or so I thought anyway.

Fast forward to now. I'm 26, a very big esthetician in the black community and I also had a website where I sold a wax that I had created to promote healthy skin and less hair growing back. I was still very much with Erik. After homecoming we were texting each other everyday and just getting to know each other. He was my everything and I gave him everything. We lived together in Chicago, in a nice sized townhouse with our dog Diablo. He was a blue nose and the sweetest damn dog you'd ever bump into. I was currently home laying on the couch, watching the latest episode of The Great British Baking Show with Diablo laying next to me. I was waiting for Erik to come home because we had dinner plans. It wasn't anything major but sometimes we liked to order in and enjoy each others company. As soon as I thought about texting him and asking him where was he. He texted me.

"Hey beautiful, I won't be able to make dinner tonight. I'm stuck at training with Devin." I frowned and texted him back to be safe and that I would probably be sleep when he finally came home. Little did I know he wasn't even with Devin but with Devin's sister Megan.

I ordered my food and ate it once it arrived. I watched another show while I ate but after a while I started to get full. I closed the container and put it in the stove before heading to the bathroom to take a shower. After the shower I got dressed and put Diablo in his cage, I looked at the time to see that it was almost midnight and Erik still wasn't here. I shook it off and crawled into our bed. The next morning I woke up and he wasn't beside me. He didn't come home that night and the way I realized that was because his side of the bed was still nice and neat.

That's strange. I thought to myself and shook it off before going into the kitchen to make me some coffee before I got ready to work. I heard a knock at the door and wondered who could it be? When I opened it I saw Megan.

"Oh hey Megan, what's up girl?" I asked and she looked down at her fingers, she was fidgety.

"Megan what's going on?" I asked her and she took a deep breath, shaking her hands as if she was shaking the nerves off.

"Mimi..I'm pregnant." She said she still looked scared. I was confused but then I realized that she might've gotten pregnant on accident and was scared to tell someone because she didn't know what to do.