The Bully

Christy was waiting for me in the hall. Christy was the orphanages bully. She had no friends, and nobody liked her, and she hated everyone. But she hated me the most. Mainly because I was more fun, apparently. I tried to walk past her and go down for breakfast, but she noticed me. She grabbed my wrist and pulled me back. She threw me against the wall and held me there by one arm. The thing about me is, I'm very weak, and I can't talk back to people. Even if I tried, it would fail.

"Where do you think you're going, freak?"

"Down for breakfast."

"I don't think you need any breakfast. You're fatter than Penny."

"I think you're right. I'll go back to my room."

"Don't think I'm not done with you yet."

I was waiting for the worst when the caretaker, Kayla, came up. She was the nicest person I have ever met, and she was the only one who would stand up for me.

"Christy! Get your hands off of her!"

"Whatever, bitch."

Christy let go of me and stalked back into her room. I looked at Kayla and gave a weak smile.

"Thanks. What'd you come up for?"

"A couple would like to see you."

"Me?"

"Her!?"

I looked over at Christy and smirked. She hasn't had a family in to see her in over five years.

"Yes, you Alice. Come on now, don't want to keep them waiting."

I got up from the floor and walked beside Kayla, still wary of Christy. I knew she could attack at any time.

-

We got downstairs and walked into the main office. I saw four people in there. An older couple, who were glaring at me, and then two males, who were waving me and Kayla over. I walked behind Kayla this time, and when we reached the two boys, all I could say was hello. When I looked up properly, I was taken away. The one on the right had sleek black hair, and it was in a fringe. The one on the left had beautiful brown hair, that was also in a fringe. They were both good looking and seemed to be in their mid twenties. I smiled and gave a small wave.

"Hello! You must be Alice, right?"

I nodded.

"Great! I'm Phil, and this is Dan." The boy with the black hair said, also known as Phil now. I gave another shy smile and stepped forward a bit. I felt Kayla leave us, and so I sat down.

"So Alice. What kind of music are you into?"

"Muse, Fall Out Boy, All Time Low, Pierce The Veil, Sleeping With Sirens, and many more."

"Cool!"

And that's where the bond began. I think I love these two already.