Downtown

Dan and Phil said that they were taking me into town today, so of course I was excited. Not even Christy got on my nerves today. I was currently getting dressed and putting my make-up on. I went over to my closet and pulled out some clothes. I pulled on my black skinny jeans and a SWS tank top. It was warm out today, but the jeans would do. I put on my black converse and walked out my door. Christy had her door open, and I couldn't help but look in. She was sitting on her bed with her phone in her hands. She looked at me and I got scared, then confused.

"You look nice today Alice."

There was no sarcasm, or even hate in the tone of her voice. Is she sucking up to me? Oh well. That was soon forgotten when the doorbell went off. I ran down the stairs and to the main lobby. Kayla had already answered the door, but I simply squeezed beside her.

"Hey Alice!"

"Hey you guys!"

I smiled and walked out the door. I waved goodbye to Kayla, and even Christy. She waved back, and smiled for once. I got in the car, heading into town with Dan and Phil.

-

We got into town and the first place we went to was the Pokemon convention they had going on. I bought maybe three plushies and some other souvenirs. Next we went to an anime store, where Dan and Phil role played in front of me. I couldn't hold in my laughter, and honestly, it felt good to laugh a real laugh. I hadn't done that in over ten years. After I had calmed down, Dan and Phil put back the props and we went out for lunch. I got some sushi, and Dan and Phil got some salads.

We finished lunch and walked around for a bit, not knowing where we were going, or how long we've been there. Soon though, it came around five, the time I had to go back to the orphanage. I got back into the car and we started driving.

-

At the orphanage, I gave Dan and Phil a hug each before going up into my room. Before I went to bed though, I knocked on Christy's door. She opened it and looked a little shocked to see me standing there.

"Here. I want you to have this. I know we haven't been on the best of terms, but I know that you like anime."

I gave her one of the two Totoro plushies I got. She gave a small smile and took it.

"Thanks."

"No problem."

I left her doorway after that and went into my room. I put everything on the floor by my closet and got into bed. Today was amazing, and I can't wait for what the future brings.