Visiting

I had to get up at eight in the morning today, as today was the day I was going to go and visit the home. Of course I had to. I mean, I left everyone behind. I wonder if Christy was still there. She hadn't texted me in a while.

I got out of bed and hopped over to my closet. Dan had taken all the things off my top shelf for me, so I could reach. I picked up a black tank top, some jean shorts, and then I took out my flats. Everyone would be able to see my swelling on my ankle, but I didn't care. I wanted to look some what nice today.

I got changed, with some difficulty, but soon I was ready and heading out my door, into the kitchen. Phil was standing there, making a pot of coffee for him and Dan. I hated coffee, and prefered tea.

"Hey there."

I saw Phil jump a little, but when he realized it was just me, he relaxed.

"Jesus Alice, you scared me!"

"Hahaha."

I walked over, leaving my crutches by the door. I sat down after Phil offered to make me a bowl of cereal. I had asked Dan the night before if I could have some of his cereal, and he said yes. He also told me to make sure Phil didn't have any, but I couldn't say no anymore after he gave me the puppy face. He took a small handful and ate it, then smiled at me.

"Please don't tell Dan."

"I won't. I promise."

"Okay. So, why are you up so early today?"

"Did you forget that today is the day I go visit the home?"

"Oh yeah! I did forget, sorry."

"It's fine."

Before we could say anything else, Dan came into the room, tripping over the chair beside him. I burst out with laughter, and he just glared at me. Soon we were all laughing, and just having a good time. I heard my phone go off in my room, and before I could react, Dan was running into my room, probably grabbing my phone for me.

Dan came back into the room, and handed me my phone. I looked at it and saw I had a text from Christy.

'Hey there girl! Sorry I didn't text you in so long. I've been busy. When you get here to the home, I have something important to tell you.'

I smiled, but also frowned. I don't think she got adopted.

'Okay. Can't wait to see you. :)'

I looked back up to Dan and Phil just as they kissed. They never acted like a couple around me, and honestly I don't know why. I shipped them so hard. #Phan4Life!

Oh god.

"Dan, are you driving me to the home?"

"Yep. We should probably leave now. Phil, you coming along for the ride?"

"Of course!"

I laughed and stood up. Phil grabbed my crutches for me, and I started going towards the door. Dan opened it and let me go out first. I thanked them for the help and we set off to find the car.

When we did finally reach the car, we got in and started driving off towards the home. I was excited, but scared at the same time. Most of the kids there didn't take too fond of me, mainly because I was friends with Christy. I mean, she has changed, unless she went back to normal after I left. I guess I'll find out right now.

I was standing at the front door, hesitating. I finally got the guts to knock and wait for someone to open the door. Soon Kayla opened the door. She welcomed me with open arms, and of course I took them. She led me inside to the kitchen, were I guess everyone was having breakfast. I walked through the door behind her, and when everyone saw me, they all started whispering to themselves or to their friends. The only person that came up to see me, was Christy. We hugged, and then she brought me up to her room. It as the same as when I left. Not much here has changed actually.

We sat down on her bed, and I could see that her mood just immediately dropped. I pulled her into another hug, and surprisingly, she started crying.

"Alice, thy didn't want me. They never did. They said I was too much like a bad kid. I'll never get adopted at this point."

"Shh, it's okay. It's going to be okay. I promise you, you will get adopted. Maybe it's just not your time right now."

"You think so?"

"I know so."

"Thanks. Now, what happened to your leg?"

"Oh, Um, I had a nightmare and fell out of bed. I fractured my ankle and now I have to use crutches for two weeks. It's been two days, and it sucks."

"I bet."

For the remainder of the day at the home, me and Christy just hung out outside, or in her room. She took me into my old room once, and I hated seeing it bare and empty. Soon another kid will be in that room, and it will be hell for them.