New Earth

The Doctor and the Artist walked hand-in-hand into the TARDIS, ready to resume their travels. The Doctor tossed his coat over one of the Y-beams and walked over to the console. "First things first, let's have some more light in here." he said and turned a dial, causing the lights in the console room to brighten. "That's better." the Doctor grinned, walking over to the Artist, "I can see your beautiful face better now."

The Artist blushed at the compliment, kissing him in response.

They'd spent several days with Rose and her family on Earth after Christmas, during which the two Time Lords had grown more affectionate with one another, much to each other's delight.

Presently, Rose, Jackie and Mickey were outside, with Rose packed and ready to go.

"Have ya got everything?" Jackie asked her daughter.

"I've got everything, don't worry." Rose assured her.

"Be careful." Jackie said sincerely, and they both hugged.

"You gotta call Mo about..." Rose began.

"Oh, never mind Mo." Jackie waved her off, making the most of the hug. She would've preferred Rose to stay home, but she could see that Rose loved the travelling too much to give it up anytime soon, so she wasn't going to try and stop her.

"Okay, I'm going now." Rose said as they broke apart, "I love you!" She kissed her mother on the cheek.

"I love you." Jackie reciprocated.

"Love you, love you..." Rose said back in quick succession, then went over to Mickey and kissed him goodbye.

"Good luck." he said. He'd accepted that he and Rose were well and truly finished, so he was going to be a gentleman and wish her best.

"Bye!" Rose waved, and went into the TARDIS with a bounce in her step. She smirked when she saw the Doctor and the Artist kissing each other. They were so cute together.

The Time Lords seemed to notice Rose's presence, so they pulled away and started operating the TARDIS' controls ready for departure. With extra vigour, the Doctor pulled a lever and they were off.

"So, where're we going?" Rose asked eagerly.

"Further than we've ever gone before." the Doctor grinned, his brown eyes shining with enthusiasm.

"Here we go, then!" the Artist said cheerfully, flipping a switch to set them on course.

———————————————————————————

When the TARDIS stopped, the Time Lords indicated for Rose to step out first. The blonde stepped out of the box to find herself on a windy stretch of grass. Her mouth dropped open at something in the distance.

The Doctor and the Artist stepped out behind her, their arms wrapped round each other. "It's the year Five Billion and Twenty Three." the Doctor explained, "We're in the galaxy M87, and this... this is New Earth."

They were overlooking a futuristic city with hover cars flying around. "That's just..." Rose found herself unable to put her thoughts into words. "That's..." She burst out laughing in wonder.

"Not bad." the Artist said for her, "Not bad at all, eh?"

"That's amazing." Rose managed to get out, "I'll never get used to this. Never. Different ground beneath my feet!" She jumped up and down excitedly. "Different sky... wos' that smell?"

The Doctor bent down and pulled some blades of grass up. "Apple grass." he said, showing the blades to her.

"Apple grass...!" Rose laughed.