Love & Monsters

34-year old Elton Pope made his way through the London docklands. He climbed on top of a pile of gravel and saw a group of disused warehouses ahead. Standing near them was a blue police box from the 1960's, looking very out of place. Slowly, Elton walked towards the blue box. As he put his hand on the woodwork, he heard a woman's voice shouting from somewhere inside one of the warehouses; "Doctor! Doctor, look out!"

As Elton ran quickly towards the source of the shouting, he heard a man's voice; "Where's he gone? Can ya see him?"

"Over there." a different woman's voice answered.

Elton entered the warehouse and ran upstairs. He slowly approached a door at the end of a long corridor, which had ominous banging sounds and growling coming from behind it. Elton walked cautiously up to the door and opened it to reveal a ferocious monster, who roared at him.

"That's what it did." Elton recalled to a video camera in his bedroom, "It went RRROOOOAAAAAAAAARRR! And if you think that was the most exciting day of my life, wait till ya hear the rest. Oh, boy." He paused for a moment, then resumed. "So there I was, with that thing going RAAAAH...!"

——————————————————————————

Elton stepped back from the roaring monster, which began to advance menacingly on him. Suddenly, a tall brown-haired man in a brown suit and coat appeared behind the monster, dangling a slice of meat just out of it's reach. "Here, boy! Eat the food!" The monster turned to him. "C'mon, look at the lovely food! Isn't it nice? Yes, it is!" He turned to Elton, who could only stand there, motionless in shock. "Get outta here quickly!" the man urged him, but Elton didn't move. "Thatta a boy!" the man said to the monster, "Who would like a pork choppy then?" He turned back to Elton. "I said run-ah!"

Suddenly, a young blonde woman came charging past Elton, carrying a blue bucket and screaming for England. She hurled the contents of her bucket onto the monster, who howled and clutched it's eyes.

"Wrong one! Ya made it worse!" the man said to the woman.

"You said blue!" the woman protested.

"I said 'Not blue'!" the man retorted. The monster spotted the woman, who ran off in the opposite direction. "Oh... hold on!" the man called, sounding irritated, and slammed the door shut.

There was a moment of eerie calm, then a Scooby Doo-eques chase unfolded before the stunned Elton's eyes, with the man, woman and monster all screaming, yelling and running haphazardly through three long corridors running at right angles to the main one in which Elton was standing. The monster chased the man one way, the woman the other, then both of them. This went on until another young woman, a brunette in a leather jacket, squeezed past Elton carrying a red bucket. She stood in the middle of the corridor, then as the monster came speeding past, she hurled the bucket's contents at it. The monster skulked off in pain.

"Oh, nice shot!" the man praised as he came out of one of the side corridors, then he noticed Elton still standing there. "Hold on, don't we know you?" he asked.

"Oh yeah, we've met before, haven't we?" the brunette woman added.

Elton didn't reply. He just turned on his heel and ran from the building. As he got outside, he heard a soulful wheezing and groaning noise. Elton leaned against a wall, sighing in defeat.

"You can't imagine it." Elton said in his vlog, "The Doctor's machine. The most beautiful sound in the world. But that wasn't the first time I met the Doctor and the Artist, and it certainly wasn't the last, oh no. I just put that bit in the beginning because it's a brilliant opening. But, erm... this is the story of me, and my encounters with alien life-forms. But be warned, it is gonna get scarrrrry!" He leaned towards the camera, baring his teeth in an attempt to look menacing. "I... I need a remote control zoom." he rambled, "I'm having to do that with the lean, the scarrrrry. But look, don't worry, cos' it's not just me sitting and talking. Ohhh no."