The Hospital

Burgess POV

I opened my eyes to see Adam sleeping in a chair next to me. I think it's Adam, wait, where am I? What happened? Oh my god, everything's spinning, everything becomes dark.

Ruzek POV

I wake up when I see Kim stir around. "Kim? Baby, are you awake?" I ask softly. Her eyes slowly open. She looks so tired and weak. I wish I could trade spots with her so she wouldn't be in pain. "Can you hear me baby?"
"Um yeah," she stated, although she seemed unsure about everything she said or did. "Adam, where am I?"
"You're in the hospital darling, do you remember what happened?" I asked her.
"No, not really, but my head is killing me," she whispered.
"I'm sorry babe, you were hit in the back of the head," I said, feeling so bad for her. She looked like she would pass out at any moment.
"Oh. I was?" She asked.
Yeah darlin'. Can you tell me your name, age, and where you work?" I asked, hoping she knew that.
"Um yeah. I....my name is Kim Burgess, I'm 26 years old, and I work at station 21 as a patrolman. Anything else?" She asked weakly.
"No, that's it darling. You look tired," I said a little worried.
"Well yeah, I'm exhausted, can I go to sleep baby?" She asked.
"Of course darling, I love you" I said with tears in my eyes.
"Don't cry baby, I'm okay. I love you too," she said right before she drifted off to sleep.

I've been watching her sleep for awhile, but then I heard a knock on the door. When I looked over, I saw Alvin. "Hey Al, you can come in, just be quiet because she's asleep," I said softly.
"How's the kid?" Alvin asked.
She's been through so much Al, I wish I could switch places with her, y'know?" I asked him.
"I know kid, I would to if it was my wife in Kim's position. I have to run, but I thought I'd stop by," Alvin said.
"Okay, thanks Al," I said.
"No problem kid," Alvin replied. As soon as he left I squeezed Kim's hand and walked over to the window. I just sat there and cried.