Two Days Later

Burgess POV

I woke up and, again, my head was throbbing. I saw a trash can so I leaned over and got sick. Every single time I moved I felt like I was about to pass out. Even when I was laying still the room was spinning around in circles. I saw Adam walk in the room.
"How are you feeling?" He asked me, looking a little concerned. I could barely hear him because my head was pounding. I tried to speak, but it took a little bit for the words to come out while making some sense.
"It hurts. Bad," I whispered.
"I'm sorry baby, you can have some medicine pretty soon darlin', I promise," Adam said.
"I need to rest Adam. I don't feel well at a-" I tried to say, but I passed in mid-sentence.

Ruzek POV

I feel so bad for Kim. She passed out, again. Once I made sure she was out I took the trash can and cleaned it out. Afterwards, I called the doctor to see if I could do anything to help her, but of course, I couldn't. I checked in on Kim one more time, and when I saw her passed out, I went and kissed her. I noticed something weird though. I couldn't hear her breathing. I started to panic, so I checked for a pulse. There was nothing. I reached over for my phone and I dialed 911.

As the ambulance pulled up, I was still continuing CPR. I finally got a pulse. I races outside to show them the way upstairs. When they got up there they started a bunch of IVs and they hooked her up to a heart monitor. Quickly afterwards, they put a tube down her throat. They put her on a backboard and placed a c-collar on her. They lifted the backboard up onto the stretcher and loaded her into the ambulance, then said I could go with.

When we got to the hospital there were some doctors waiting for us. They directed me into the waiting room and before I left Kim I squeezed her hand. "Don't leave me baby, you can't. I love you so much," I whispered, tears rolling down my cheeks. They raced into the OR as soon as I left. I called Alvin and told him what happened, or at least what I knew and he said he'd be down here in 20 minutes. He asked me if I wanted Intelligence, Platt, and Roman down here also and I said yes. After I hung up I started to cry. "I can't lose her," I said to myself. "I can't."