Almost home

Ruzek POV
I needed to get some fresh air, so I decided to go outside for about 20 minutes. "Hey doc, will you let me know if she wakes up? Please?" I asked. "Of course," the doctor said. I walked outside and finally got some fresh air.

Burgess POV
I woke up and I didn't see Adam, so I started to panic. I called out for him twice but he didn't answer. I was still kind of tired, so I was really emotional and I started to cry. I was really worried that he wouldn't come back and I needed him. He talked about leaving earlier. I felt more and more tears drip down my face. I saw Adam come in and I called for him. "Hey, hey baby, what's wrong darling?" He said as he got into the bed and he wrapped his shoulders around me. "I-I thought you left me. I need you Adam," I said in between sobs. "Hey Kim, look at me. I will ALWAYS be here for you, I promise baby. I wouldn't leave you, I couldn't leave you Kim. I love you so much and I'm so sorry babe. It's okay Kim; I'm here darling," he said to me with a worried look in his eyes. "I know baby, I was just scared Adam," I said, finally calming down. "Kim, I think you should get some rest. I won't leave I promise okay?" He asked in a gentle voice. "Okay," I said, my voice a little shaky. "Can you cuddle me until I fall asleep baby?" I asked while holding him tightly around his stomach. "Of course darling, get some rest now," he said. I slowly released my grip as I drifted off to sleep.

Ruzek POV
I feel so bad for leaving her by herself. I know I won't be doing that again. As I slowly released Kim, who was now asleep, I got up and pulled a chair over. I sat down and stroked her forehead with my hand. I tried to stay awake for Kim, but sleep finally took over.

Burgess POV
As I woke up, I saw Adam sleeping soundly in a chair holding on to my hand. He looked exhausted before and I'm glad he got some rest. He was out cold, so I decided not to wake him. Just as I started to move into a more comfortable position, the nurse came in. She saw Adam asleep and she smiled a little bit, "He hasn't left since you arrived. I have an offer for you. How about tomorrow morning we send you home?" The nurse asked. "Home sounds really nice, I would love that," I said quietly. "Alright, well then you get some rest and I'll tell him when he wakes up," the nurse said. "Okay, thank you," I said right before she left the room. As she walked out, I slowly started to drift off, but I saw him waking up slowly. I tried to stay up, but I was too tired. When I wake up I'll tell Adam, but I fell asleep in mid-thought.