Chapter One - Crave You

Bruce Yamada was a star baseball player, a sight for sore eyes, the towns Golden Boy, and Vance Hopper couldn't hate him more.

Hopper hated how the raven haired boy always smiled when he walked by, how he acted like he wasn't afraid. But he knew it was a lie. Of course he was afraid. Everyone was afraid of Pinball Vance Hopper, so why wouldn't Bruce be?

Their small interactions always left Vance puzzled. Whether it was Bruce waving at him in the hallway, or watching him play pinball at the Grab-n-Go, the raven never seemed to be afraid that Vance would hurt him. The boys weren't necessarily friends, hell, Vance wouldn't even call them acquaintances. The boys had never so much as spoken a word to each other, besides maybe a 'Hello' here and there.

Despite not knowing the other, Bruce Yamada couldn't keep his mind off the slightly shorter boy. He couldn't understand why he was so fascinated with him, why he peaked his interest so much. A few months ago, if you asked Bruce to describe what Vance looked like, he wouldn't know, but now that he's seen him in person, he believes he's an angel sent straight from heaven. He heard talk about Vance being attractive but damn, that boy was drop dead gorgeous, and Bruce didn't understand it. He knew he could look at a guy and know whether or not he was good looking, but this was different, and he couldn't figure out how.
____________________________________
(252 words)
hiiiii this is my first published story so sorry if it's ass 💀💀 comments, questions, and critiques are appreciated!!! 🫶🏼