Chapter 7 - despair

When Vance woke up the next day, he couldn't focus on anything, which wasn't necessarily unusual, but today it was because of something a certain boy had asked him the day prior.

"So... I have a baseball game tomorrow, it would be cool if you showed up"

Bruce said it would be cool if Vance showed up, and that gave him a fluttering feeling in his chest.

The blonde knew how he felt about the baseball player, he just didn't understand why it happened in such a short amount of time. How is it that one day he would've beaten anyone up if they had so much as looked at him, and the next he's giving away his pinball quarters to some goody-two-shoes with shiny hair?

He didn't get it, but he knew he had to get over it and go to Bruce's baseball game, even if it killed him (lol)

•time skip•

When the clock on Vance's wall hit 12:30, he started getting ready. Maybe he should've started earlier, but he wasn't really paying that much attention.

Vance went the bathroom and showered. He wanted to look decent if he was gonna hang out with Bruce somewhere other than the Grab-n-Go.

He got out of the shower and put on a pair of blue jeans, a beater, and his jean vest, making sure to also grab a zip up hoodie since it would be a bit cold. (yes bc wearing exactly what you wear everyday will make you look better.)

Vance took one more look in the mirror, then headed towards the baseball field, which was only a five minute walk from his house.

When he got to the field, he made his way to the stands and looked for Bruce on the field. Bruce spotted Vance and smiled and waved enthusiastically. Vance waved back and gave a small smile.

Even though he had no idea whatsoever what was going on, he was glad he went to see Bruce play, he thought it was pretty cool.

When the game was over, Vance waited beside the stands for Bruce

"Hey Vance!" Bruce said while walking towards him
"Hey Bruce. You did good, congrats on the win"
"Thanks! I could tell you were confused though"
"Yeah I don't do sports" They both laughed
"Well do you wanna go to the Grab-n-Go?" Bruce asked
"I thought we weren't hanging out at the Grab-nGo this time" Vance said
"We're not. Come on"

Vance followed Bruce the whole way to the small store, still slightly confused.

'What am I getting myself into?' Vance thought to himself
____________________________________
(440 words)
okay i tried making a longer chapter but it obviously didn't work, i don't know how to feel abt this tho 😬