Chapter Five - sorry haha i fell asleep

a/n: i forgot to mention that this is modern 🙏🙏

When Bruce got home after hanging out with Vance and his other friends, he went straight up to his room. He had exchanged numbers with the blonde boy  'In case you want me to carry you again' the blonde had told him with a smile. Bruce was confused, so, very, utterly, confused. He thought he just wanted to be friends with Vance, but, did he want more?
'No, Bruce, you can't think that' he kept telling himself.

He figured a shower would clear his head. He went to the bathroom and got in the shower, turning the water cold, which is usually how he would clear his mind before a test or big game, but this time, it wasn't working.
Bruce sighed. He got out and dried himself before changing into sweatpants and an old t-shirt. He laid on his bed and started scrolling through instagram. Old friends' pages, baseball players, actors, anything to get his mind off Vance. And it was working, until —  'ringggg'
Bruce stared at his phone
'ringggg'
He kept staring
'ringgggg'
It finally stopped. Bruce let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.
'I finally get my mind off of him, and what does he do? He calls me! Of course!'
Bruce settled for texting Vance. Of course he couldn't do it now, he had to wait, make it believable that he didn't answer for a reason, besides, simply not wanting to.
About five minutes had passed, and Bruce figured it had been long enough.
He texted Vance

Bruce: Hey Vance :)

He hit send
A minute later his phone dinged

Bruce: Hey Vance :)

Vance: why r u so formal w it

Bruce laughed

Bruce: Hey Vance :)

Vance: why r u so formal w it

Bruce: sorry lol, i didn't know how you would be

Vance: so... i called you

Bruce: i saw that
sorry i didn't answer, i was taking a nap

Vance: oh its cool

Bruce sat there. 'What am I supposed to say to 'oh it's cool'????'
He settled for not saying anything. It was after nine PM on a school night, he could just say he fell asleep
'That excuse is gonna get old at some point...' He thought to himself before picking up a book and reading himself to sleep.
____________________________________
(381 words)

chapter five FINALLY. I kinda like this one actually, idk where i'm going with this tho, like i have zero ideas for the next chapter 😭
hopefully i can come up w something