14. The 'Sex' Fight

Father and child are like pen and paper. Inoperative without each other, and complete when together.

After three eventful days, the school declared a holiday for everyone to relax and return with fresh energy.
Amber gave his beloved daughter a relaxing foot massage and Nimrit revealed the reason for the anxiety she experienced before the performance. Amber was a strict parent but he was also a friend and guide to his daughter. She narrated the events from Ashwin's remarks to Arun's attempt to prove his point, about Nivedya's involvement in the incidents. She told him everything but skipped the part where Nivedya and she fought in the classroom.

Nivedya seemed protective about Nimrit but was it just friendship or more Amber couldn't put his finger. He didn't want to give Nivedya the approval nod but he knew it was time he explained to his daughter about the mentality of men.

"Nimrit, men have a habit of reacting a little wild to situations like these. That boy's reaction is 'normal' in any boy's dictionary. We men are born and brought up with a psyche that we are the protectors. But my girl can protect herself. Nimrit, I know it's hard for you and you are trying as well but you need to get over the trauma, love. HE is not coming back. Let him or his thoughts not haunt you." Nimrit heard her father quietly but seemed lost.
So, Amber jokingly told her, "Now, I am tired of massaging your feet. Who takes massage from their father? Shameless girl! Sleep."

Nimrit giggled at her father's remark and said, "When did I ask for a massage? You have that problem, Amber, first, you do things out of choice then make it count as a favour." Nimrit imitated her mother and Amber raised his brows to intimidate her but the father-daughter duo burst out laughing.

"Just sleep now, already. Some people have to go to work tomorrow, jobless people." Reet shouted from the other room making them laugh louder.

The Khanna household slept with peace in their hearts. Nimrit was happy she shared everything with her father, well almost, everything.

The following morning, Nivedya, got up late since last night he had a very important job of thinking about the girl on wheels who trapped him in her charm. He got up with a smile and ruffled his hair.

"Nivi, what's up with that smile early in the morning?" Rose's question brought Nivedya out of his dreams.

"Rose D, I am big now don't you think I need some privacy? I mean I could be sleeping naked in my bed." Nivedya joked to skip Rose's question.

"Oh! My eyes!" Rose twisted Nivedya's ear making him get up from the bed. "I have changed more diapers of yours than my own son." Rose left Nivedya's ears immediately and her face went blank. Nivedya hugged her from behind and till Rose touched his cheek with love he didn't leave her. "It's ten in the morning, freshen up and come for breakfast, quickly."

Nivedya gave a salute to Rose and headed to the bathroom for his morning routine.

At around five in the evening when Nivedya was chilling in his room, Rose called him and he went down.

"This is your new teacher, Nivi," Rose introduced Nivedya to a young girl.

Nivedya was shocked because the girl looked quite young so he asked to confirm, "Teacher? She looks my age. Are you senior or something?"

She smiled and replied, "No! I am in college, third-year computer engineering."

"So, you are in my brother's college? Oh! I hope you are not one of his bimbo girlfriends. Because if you are, don't waste your and my time, he won't love you but he could date you." Rose gave a stern stare to Nivedya for his comment.

The girl chuckled and replied, "Your brother is my senior, yes, but I am sure he is not interested in me nor am I... at least not now. (last part was just a whisper though). I Am here to help you deal with your Mathematics and Science and trust me, I won't teach you but we will just talk for an hour."