40. Daggers of Words

Words spoken in the spur of the moment are often those deepest thoughts one never wants to surface.

After Amber left the area Rudra and Randeep still stood there speechless. "Is he for real?" Rudra questioned Randeep who had no answer. "He knows the name of our heir and is still keeping the information to himself? I mean, who hides such million-dollar information? I just hope he stays true to what he said. I cannot let anything happen to our princess."

"I place my money on this man's word, Rudra. He and I both work for our respective governments and I can tell when a man is not loyal. He is way too honest for his good. I don't know how he is surviving considering it's three months since he last got his salary and the cost of living index in Swarnbhoomi is relatively higher. He could earn millions if he leaks the name of the heir of Swarnbhoomi. He has earned my respect. He cracked the name of our heir in such a short period? Bloody rascal is a genius."

Nimrit felt proud and relieved hearing Randeep's words. She always considered her parents next to God and incidents like these made her belief firm.

"Nivi, is dating this man's daughter?" Randeep's question made Nivedya imbalanced and he hit his hand on the side table. He wasn't prepared for the discussion of his love life after an intense conversation.

"Nivi is totally crazy about her buddy. I just hope these things don't get in between them. They look cute together. Though that girl, Nimrit is pretty smart for my khota." Rudra and Randeep laughed and left the ground sitting in their respective cars.

Nivedya and Nimrit became conscious after the conversation and without exchanging words came out of the cottage. They walked to the car and Nivedya gave Nimrit's address to the driver. "I am sorry for whatever happened Nimrit. Can we pretend what we saw between our fathers never happened or we never saw it?" Nimrit didn't answer and Nivedya didn't pester her too.

Nimrit's house arrived and before getting down she told Nivedya, "Our firsts don't deserve perfection and efforts. So, I guess what happens impromptu between us, is better than any planning. Thank you for the flowers but I will not be able to take all of them."

She took one rose from the bouquet and kept it in her purse. She waved bye to Nivedya who was still dreaming about his spoilt plans, the missed kiss and whatever that could follow.

When he reached his house, the elders were having fun over some conversation and he found it hard to believe how his father and phuphu transitioned from angry men to happy family men, so quickly. He greeted everyone and sat next to his mother. They asked him about his dinner with friends and Pri was very curious to know about his love life. He felt shy to discuss everything openly but he finally told them he shared a special bond with Nimrit.

"Oh! My heart is so happy. She is so cute and understanding. She makes me feel, of how Nim could be if grew under normal circumstances." Nandini completed her sentence but her voice dropped at the end.

Before Nivedya could pop the questions about Swarnima and her circumstances, Nandini briefed him, "Nivi, you know Nim's parents were attacked but she was saved by our ex-queen. The queen gave her the best of education but at home. She was homeschooled her entire life and only subjects that would help her in engineering were taught to her. Two months in a year was all she got to do other activities she liked. She was trained in Mixed martial arts, boxing, skill war and other specialisation for around six hours daily. She wasn't allowed to go out or make any friends for security reasons. These are just few things that I am telling you. Her life was tough, more than we can even think of. They say it was essential to keep her safe and prepare her to rule our state. Probably. Probably not?"

Rudra suggested,"Nivi, Nimrit's father knows Swarnima is the heir to the throne. He may or may not tell Nimrit about it. If he does, and Nimrit asks you about it, state only the basic things you know. If he doesn't, continue your act of unawareness."