45. Better Together

The circle of his arms is my protective periphery.

Nimrit closed the distance between them, and smooched his cheek, hard. "Nivi, I am not uncomfortable, and it is not that I do not want to kiss you like a lover, I just cannot muster the courage. I am sorry."

Nivedya's desires were rising, and he could not hide them. If Nimrit's smooch could do that to him he thought it was better they didn't kiss like lovers. Just yet. He wanted to practice self-control.

Nivedya kissed her forehead with love and asserted, "You don't have to be sorry for my desperation. I came back to tell you that I love you and I can survive without a kiss but not without looking at you. Goodnight and don't you step out of your room. It's hard you know..."

Nimrit blushed hard and Nivedya bit his lower lip to control himself. He marched out of her room and closed the door behind him. Nimrit inhaled deeply and went to sleep immediately not wanting to overthink the events of the evening. She had to get up an hour early the next day, and she didn't want any dark circles. Nivedya did the same and set the alarm. He had some plans on his mind and was determined to execute them.

At sharp six o clock, Nivedya knocked on Nimrit's door softly. If she was sleeping he decided to not disturb her because she was dealing with a lot, already. When Nimrit didn't open the door, he left quietly and joined his father in the garden. He discussed his last night's plan with Rudra and received an appreciation for his brilliant idea.

"Good morning, Uncle, sorry, I am late. I will be on time from tomorrow." Nimrit was huffing, which meant she hurried her way downstairs. Nivedya was astounded to see her, and he knew his plan to bring her out of her phobia by training her in self-defence, will go in vain.

"You are just on time, darling. We were thinking while you are here why not learn some basic skills of self-defense too." Rudra offered with hope because he wanted Nimrit to come out of whatever phobia she had when she faced danger.

"I know how to defend myself, uncle. Papa has taught me quite a few techniques. The problem is when the time comes, I am so terrorised that I turn into a stone." Nimrit lowered her head and explained her inability to take action.

Rudra pondered over the reason but Nivedya encouraged her saying, "Learn some more then. You always say learning something is better than learning nothing, right? So come. Let's start with the warm-up. I do two laps of the entire garden you could do one."

"Mr Singh, you try to match my pace. Start the timer." Nimrit challenged Nivedya and Rudra gave them a thumbs up. Nivedya was fast but Nimrit was faster. Rudra was always proud of Swarnima whose skills were unmatched but watching Nimrit give a tough fight to his son made his belief stronger that if women decide on something then there was no stopping.

Nimrit and Nivedya reached almost at the same time, and they gave high-fives to each other. Adoration mixed with admiration made the exercise session exciting. Their instructor made them do a few exercises and Rudra was happy to see Amber had trained his daughter quite well. But when he saw Nivedya getting scolded now and then by the instructor, he took him aside and asked him the reason for not doing the basic exercises correctly.

Nivedya tried to avoid answering but seeing Rudra getting angry he confessed, "What do I do, dad? Nimrit is... She is... looking so hot. I can hardly concentrate on anything. Why does she have to wear shorts which are so short?"

Rudra looked at Nivedya in bewilderment. "Oh! What a pervert you are Nivi. Aren't you wearing shorts? Don't we all wear shorts while exercising? Promise me you will not eye her improperly. I have raised you better."

"She is my girlfriend and I can't help it if I feel attracted to her. I don't go around watching other girls like that. Have you never eyed Mom like that? You openly call her hot and sexy and narrate your pre-marriage stories of "love" to us, all the time. I have your genes, Dad. Don't blame me or question my attraction towards my girlfriend."