Chapter 6: The Talk

I opened the bathroom door slowly looking at Spencer who's eyes were on the floor.

"Okay yes, I've been drinking a lot but it's the only thing that makes me forget..." He trailed off, I could see a expression I've never seen on Spencer... I couldn't quite place it.

"Spence I understand that what happened to you was unspeakably horrible, but you need to get past this. If you keep this up you'll be jobless and alone." I was proud that I spoke everything that I was thinking, rarely did I ever do that.

"I know" His voice shook violently, he wiped a tear that had fallen down to the middle of his burning cheeks.

"I-I" he began but was cut off by the sobs that escaped his lips. I made my way to him placing my hand on the small of his back rubbing soothingly. After a few minutes he stopped and looked me dead in the eyes.

"I need you," The words fell out of his mouth quickly. "I need you to help me." I shifted his chin so that his eyes were back on me.

"Of course Spence." I hugged him semi-tightly before he started to speak again.

"jj?" he asked still hugging me

"Yeah?" I replied

"There's one more thing..." He pulled away now looking right at me.

"What's that?" I asked feeling my heart beat rise rapidly.

"I'm sorry." He said pulling me back into the hug.

I wish he had something else he wanted to tell me...