Chapter 35

Jungkook was dumbfounded when he realized the Jimin that is now infront of him is indeed, his half-brother. The Jimin that he's obsessed with. The real Jimin he is waiting for a long time.

"J-Jimin. ." he whispered, unaware how his eyes became watery like tears are about to fall from his eyes.

"Hello, hyung. How have you been?" asks Jimin, giving a knowing and warm smile as he stares at his brother then at Taehyung whose mouth was agape.

"H-How. . I. ."

"I had always been here, hyung. I didn't left and not because I love you as you want me to, but because I knew how alone you had always felt being in this house of ours. Pretending we are happy with anyone and everyone. Pretending we are perfect when we aren't. You are just like me, hyung. You want the love others have because we didn't have that kind of love growing up. We didn't see that with our parents. Didn't even felt it too, right?"

"N-No! You're wrong!" lied Jungkook as he ball his fists to stop any emotions he might feel that unexpectedly he shouldn't have but does.

Taehyung could hear how Jungkook's voice cracked and as much as he wants to run beside the other and comfort him, he can't. It's not that he is stopping himself but Jungkook is, and that is because he doesn't want to show any weakness infront of the devil. And, there is that feeling again, the feeling where Jungkook feel small, lost and vulnerable.

"Hyung, isn't it enough that you had killed my happiness before on our time and yet, here you are doing it again to this poor boy that have the same face as mine, with the boy that has the face of the love of my life? You killed Yoongi and now, you selfishly killed a man identical to him? You're a real devil, aren't you?"

"J-Jimin. . I-. . I didn't mean. ."

"Yes, you mean it. You're selfish. You're just mad that you can't have what others have that you manouver everything to end with the results you want. You're too busy being wanted that you forgot to just calm yourself down and look around you. Hyung, enough. You're hurting yourself more than you had hurt me or the others. You'd been suffering for too long now. If you can just let go of the past and live a free man's life with the a soul that will take care of you as much as you want to be taken care of."

Finally, the tears that Jungkook had been trying to stop from falling already fell and he wasn't having it. He yelled his heart out. Angry at the world. Angry at everyone. He hates himself for being who he is right now but there's no turning back. He will finish what he had started, what he had turned himself in.

He will finish the contract.

He will finally be human again and then he can restart his life.

But then. . the demon. Taehyung.

"No!" he yelled to himself. He doesn't and will not admit it to anyone or himself about his feelings for the demon. He might just laugh at him if he found out.

He took the dagger from his pants pocket and yield it in the air.

"Hyung!" exclaimed in Jimin in surprise.

Jin who lost consciousness earlier is now starting to gain his conscious back, saw Jungkook about to stab his brother. Even when he is stumbling his way to Jimin, he made it in time to shield his brother from being stab and when Jin was ready to feel the pierce in his chest, he was surprised when he felt nothing.

Am I dead already? asks Jin to himself.

He only understood the reason why he didn't feel any pain when he opened his eyes and that is because Taehyung shielded himself for them and now he can see regret in Jungkook's eyes who now dropped the dagger with the demon's blood and screamed in guilt.