Tommorow is a Special Day (E)

Marine Drive

Kaira was seated on the wide column, and Karan was standing on that column beside her, both were looking towards the sea.

"I don't like this quietness between two people, I just hate it." Kaira says, still looking at the waves, crashing in the tetrapods placed there. Karan gets amused and looks towards her.

"plz say something" Kaira demands him to say something.

He turns towards her and giggles "This is a problem of Mumbaikars, even they get some peace and calm, then also they can't sit quietly...yes this is the case ...hehehe" he says teasing her.

"yeah this will also do, even if you talk just to argue, still talk, say something" Kaira says, looking at the waves crashing.

Karan laughs and sits besides her, saying "okay then".

He sits beside her, both facing the sea.

Karan starts to fidget with his shirt, waving his collars. He sighs and takes out his handkerchief, wiping his forehead he asks her "oi you are not feeling hot?"

"clck" Kaira just makes the sound, still looking at the waves.

"I am used to with this climate" she says looking towards him, who was wiping his nape.

"yeah obviously...you are from Mumbai na (shakes his head, now he was wiping from his elbow till his wrist) your Mumbai has only 2 season...hot season, and very hot summers season"...(he completes and guffaws like a demon).

Kaira glares at him, while he keeps guffawing.

Suddenly Karan remembers something "oi!!" and moves to face Kaira.

"have you ever been to Tamhini Ghat?" he asks her.

"clck" she makes the sound and shakes her head negatively.

"oi yaar (he says and looks away for a second and looks back at her and continues) I am taking you once to Tamhini Ghat..oh ho ho.(he makes appraising sounds) I'll tell you Yash Chopra, you know na Yash Chopra (Kaira nods, who was looking at him with confused expression) he won't find such scenic beauty in Switzerland also, like we have in Tamhini Ghat. ("really?" Kaira asks, suddenly interested) yeah, and in monsoons...oh ho." He brags about another such location near Pune, but Kaira interrupts him.

"oye, you are sitting at Nariman Point and you are boasting about that Tamhini Ghat's Monsoon, that too telling to Mumbai girl?...huh?" Kaira says, implying that, marine drive during rains is best then anything else in the world.

"Mumbai rains? (he says in a mocking tone) huh!...the same rains that bring the city to standstill, with just few drops of rainfall?...that Mumbai rains?...hahahha (he again guffaws like a demon, and kaira looks away making a face) Pune never comes to standstill because of rains" he again brags about Pune.

Kaira hearing that, chips in "Yeah Pune comes to standstill only because of Lunchtime" she teases him laughs.

Karan stares at her surprised, and gets ittu sa offended and says in a timid voice "what yaar...why are we arguing like 2-3rd standard kids (Kaira looks at him, and purses her lips, trying to control herself from saying something to tease him) now everything has changed, now half the Mumbai is in Pune, and half the Pune is in Mumbai, from this...this Nariman Point...the time taken to reach Borivali from here, in the same amount of time, now a days people travel from Mumbai to Pune."(he completes and nods his head)