22 | Modus Vivendi

It was one of those mornings when Michael was a lark

It was one of those mornings when Michael was a lark. It's not that he ever wasn't one. When he would get like this, he awoke at a quarter to 7 AM just to see the morning sun gradually peering over it's horizon. Shorter wavelength colors such as light blue and orchid would scatter out in the sky to make room for longer wavelength colors of brilliant yellows, oranges and reds.

Walking out on the balcony connected to the master bedroom, he stood before the black railing and brought his hands together, eyes closing as he took in the zephyr caressing his skin. He said a morning prayer that he created for himself while in Jerusalem—one that was from the heart and personal. He recalled Reuben telling him to speak from the depths of his soul.

His prayer: The Most High, guide me in the right direction to be crowned the man that You have destined for me to become and continue to be on this everyday journey. I surrender myself to You always for You are my true savior and salvation. My faith in You is everlasting, and I trust You in all things that You do. You're my peace, my healer, and my protector. Amen.

He took one last look at the morning sky and suddenly got inspired. He trailed back inside and into his art room to retrieve his sketchbook and color sketch pencils. Having the items in hand, he found his way back on the balcony by taking a seat in one of the lounge chairs to capture the essence of the morning view.

When in Jerusalem, he drew and painted; it was a form of therapy and anything that came to mind is what he put in a sketchbook or canvas. He often tapped into his artistic side and that changed overtime with age but when he did, the finished product were masterpieces. His journey in Jerusalem brought him back to a passion he almost left behind. He knew he could make money off his artwork and maybe someday he would but as of now, they were intimate. He was so consumed with his drawing that he hadn't realized an entire hour or so ticked by. He completed it which was a 3D replica of God's creation.

He stepped over the threshold and into the bedroom after sliding the patio door open and close to see Irish still fast asleep. The digital clock sitting atop the end table next to her read 8:34 AM. An idea instantly piqued his brain. He knew it was wrong, but he had to do it just to get on her nerves. She had never overslept for work before, and the fact he was the first one up and didn't wake her would piss her off. After setting his sketchbook and color pencils on the storage bench, there was a bluetooth stereo with an attached microphone on the first floor that he descended the stairs to get.

Turning it on, he returned to the second floor and placed the speaker at the center of the bed. His phone that was fully charged, he unlocked with the passcode and connected it to the speaker which notified him and swiped his thumb across the screen in search of the YouTube app. He typed in "This Woman's Worth" instrumental in the search bar. Luckily for him, no ads interfered as the beginning harps flowed through the room.