[pearl] "ey! get outta here!"

requested by: @/TheAnonymousVoid
hurt/comfort based oneshot where sensitive!reader is picked on while they and Pearlie are having a blast (smh my head, death wish fr)
i liv lavfh luv pearl :3

also WTF, thank u for 10k......... i just liked seeing prebby idol sinfg and gib kiss

canon au

- Your presence is not welcome.

* Pearl and her significant other were nothing to be messed with.
To put simply..

The two of you were defensive of each other, not too possessive but enough to ensure that no octoling or inkling would even dare to come close to the either of you. However, there are some people who are a little slow and need a little hint to show this. At the expense of your own feelings. It was never a fun time confronting people who mocked you or your rapper girlfriend, maybe even harass if they were that terrible, but nothing ever went your way, and you hoped today it would.

"Do you know any spots we could just hang Pearlie?"

"I me~an.... I'm no master tourist guide for Inkopolis Square."

Looking at everybody around, it felt nice to just breathe with your lover. The two of you rarely get time together after Off the Hook decided to tour around with hopes of expanding their interests or even passion. Marina's vibrant orange outfit no where in site as she basically dropped the two of you off for your "date day." More so the idol sped off and jumped away immediately with no intention of any other message.

Unconsciously, you both held each other's hand and swayed them back and forth lightly. The two of you were so giddy when you got together you couldn't help it! Excitement pours over you as you realized, this week was just about love.

After months of being separated, it was relaxing for your nerves to settle down while being warmed from Pearl's palms. Not one that you had felt in a while, perha-

"Eurgh, who's that with that famous rapper?"

"Seriously! They look slightly... Pudgy."

Oh.

Your mood takes a bit of a tumble as you hear the snarky comments made yowards you. No need to cry! You're with your ball of sunshine right now right? Such an inconvenient thing will pass right by!

"For someone dating 'a baby faced inkling', they look like they suck on their thumb still."

"Dude... Low blow, you're so right!"

Stop ruining the mood. You're going to get Pearl all worried over some useless comments that aren't true then you'll just eventually- "Hey? Honeycomb?"

Huh?

"You're kinda spacing out... Does my awesomeness really affect you?"

Pearl looked slightly worried, and you would've been able to dismiss your negative feelings had it not been for another comment to go into your ear and not out the other.

"Tch, all we're doing is whispering about them. Why are they taking it to heart?"

That was enough to make you tear up and sniffle a bit. Surprisingly, during the time you heard that, Pearl's sensitive hearing caught on and was furious.

"Hey!"

Scared, the two who had been making those remarks at you were baffled,

"You think you can bring your 'big balls' here and have a rude awakening?"

Gulping, that's the first thing you see them do.

"Well.. W-we just erm.. We're complimenting how um!" The inkling looked over at your to just point out a random feature.

"H-how beautiful their skin looks under this nightlight and neon spots!"

"Sheesh! And even Pinocchio, or whatever his name was in those human children books, had a smaller nose than you. I can practically see it growing right now with those tiny gills you call lips! You oughtta have some manners.."

Cranking her arm in a threatening motion, the two bullies scurried away and Pearl waved at the crowd to signal "nothing is wrong!"

Walking back over to you, seeing you still slightly teary eyed, your girlfriend whispers into your ear, "Let go. I got you, let those tears out." And that was enough to make you do so, encouraged by the loving circles made by her fingers, you embraced for a bit while Pearl waited for you to finish.

Even as you separate, a bit of sadness still creeps up to you, "My sweet, sweet baby.. I'm here for you, and you're here for me to see the wonders of the world because I can barely reach the freezer tippy toed.. *CoUgh.*"

An obvious attempt to make you feel better, the hushed "whisper" being loud enough just for the both of you to hear. Giggles, the first thing coming from the two of you. Hand in hand, you carry on with your date (at home, the crying made you just a teeny wincy little itsy bitsy exhausted, but your rapping girlfriend insisted on going back to your place.)

If it's the two of you against this world, then so be it.

.finished 01/23/23 5:49PM
.edited ...