Suit Up

The ground was soaked with sweat and blood. The air was heavy as the class panted and gasped for breath. But even still, everyone stared in rapture as the last two students on the field duked it out.

For Class C, Edgeshot had taken over one of the gymnasiums until their own secretive space on campus could be completed.

Over the past two weeks, they'd been pushed to their brutal limits by the Ninja Hero, forced to spar until their partner, and themselves, were battered, bruised, and quite literally bloodied. Even the normally rambunctious Daidoji struggled to keep up her energy during such intense training.

Thankfully though, since Class C's actions had to be kept secret, the head was a forbidden target during sparring, because anything they couldn't hide underneath their school uniforms would be noticed by the other classes.

They weren't even allowed to see Recovery Girl in the nurse's office. Not to keep secrets from her as well, but because Edgeshot wanted them to learn how to function even when injured. Injured and without their Quirks.

So far, Edgeshot had done minimal Quirk training, forcing everyone to spar with none of their supernatural powers. Some, like Endo, or Ragyo Hirose, who's Quirk built up kinetic energy as she moved, were passively enhanced by their Quirks, so they were cut some slack.

But at the end of the day it didn't matter who fought them, the two still on the field were borderline inhuman, despite being the two most human students in the class.

"She's... holding her own..." Okami whispered as Kazumi threw around kicks, elbows, and haymakers.

"She's putting him... on the defensive..." Shizuku panted as Kaito deftly redirected every attack, taking glancing blows.

Without a doubt, Kazumi and Kaito were either born with too much talent, or such skilled combatants that even some Pros looked unpracticed compared to them.

This was their last day of basic training, which was a sentence that gave them a not-so-insignificant amount of anxiety, considering what could follow this horrible training. And while it may have been the last day of basic training, it was also the first day Kaito and Kazumi had been put up against each other.

After seeing their talent, Edgeshot sent them to essentially help coach their classmates. He didn't plan to pit them against each other, but Kaito practically demanded it. So as the rest of the class sparred, Kazumi and Kaito warred against each other.

And even after the rest of the class had expended every last ounce of stamina, Kaito continued to weave and bob without so much as a hint of exhaustion on his face. Not only that, but he was talking, no less.

"You grow up in a martial arts tournament?" Kaito asked, not hiding the shock in his tone. He couldn't believe anyone in this class was still up and going against him.

"Could ask you... uff... the same question!" Kazumi narrowly avoided a sturdy punch to the kidney as Kaito returned the volley of attacks.

"I got nothing to hide," Kaito bit back, his heavy, calloused fist pounding into Kazumi's forearm as she tried to defend, with far less grace than Kaito. Even she was starting to slow against his endless assault. "Spent my life on the streets, gotta fight to survive. You?"

"What a coincidence... same here..."

Kaito threw another punch for her side and this time, Kaito didn't miss.

The girl was lithe, strong, and skilled, but when a guy with arms twice as thick as hers landed a strike to her solar plexus she crumpled to the floor, the air rushing from her body.