To Kill A Nomu

"What the hell was that?!" Yuuki asked, rushing over to Will and looking up at the smashed window.

"Ugh... broke my damn... arm." Will was sitting against a wall of concrete, cratered by his exo-suit which was sparking from the damaged pieces.

"Assault team?! Respond!" Okami yelled into his comm set from atop the roof with Rhea. Shockwaves rippled from the second floor, sending the two stumbling around. "Authority!"

All the other glass panes in the building simultaneously shattered as several figures leapt or were flung from the dust filled building, collapsing under the weight of such a battle.

"It's a Nomu," Kazumi answered, safe on her roof, far from the battle. "The same thing that attacked the USJ, but it looks different."

"Li, Daidoji, and Kaito are still fighting it!" Kalen shouted, using his eyepiece to stare through the dust cloud.

Okami was too off-put to even scold him for forgetting to use codenames. Instead he busied himself by grabbing Rhea and flinging them both off the unstable building's roof. Caught unaware, Rhea was unable to suppress the shout of terror as they fell to the watery streets below.

Rising up to meet them was a torrent of liquid, but not water. Rather, this was Arakawa Eimi's Quirk, Palletakinesis, the ability to control paint.

The rainbow spiral caught the two, helping lower them to the ground. Eimi, or Artisan tried to make it smooth, but she lost concentration at the last moment, dropping Okami and Rhea to lightly belly flop before picking themselves up.

Kaito was the next to leave the building. He landed on both feet, his sword clutched in one hand and the other balancing himself. He put the panicked exit of the others to shame.

"What's going on?!" Okami barked at him, his wolf features soaked like a wet dog.

"Building's coming down. Those two are even crazier than I am."

"What's this Nomu thing?" Yuuki asked, freeing Will from the exo-suit and splinting his arm.

"It's a genetically modified human, disfigured because it was forcibly granted multiple Quirks," Kazumi answered, drawing several different materials from her suit and molding them into bullets. "They're moving too fast. I can't get a surefire shot at this distance."

"Kishin," Okami said to Adrian, "Go get Authority and Lugh, we might need them for this."

The boy nodded, the golden symbols along his hoodie lighting up as air pressure condensed below him. Compressing it down as small as he could, he discharged it beneath him, flying up high before letting loose another blast behind him, flying similar to how Bakugo could travel with his explosions.

The top floors of the building fell away, collapsing in on themselves.

"Surge, Sparkrachne, get out of there!"

There was no response as the rubble built up further and further, a cloud of dust billowing as it completely fell away. The pile of debris was moments from crushing the second floor when two figures shot out, both landing in clumsy heaps.

"Phew!" Dai cheered, her eyes crazed and sparkling. "That was fun!"

"Fun?!" Okami was clutching at his head, looking at the ruined building. "What about the tech?! What about the mission?! There were people inside!"

"Don't worry. Our very own mini-Hawks took care of that." Li said, hitching his thumb at Angel, or rather, Waka.

Their single wing was empty of feathers. It seemed that when they realized the building was coming down, they went to work. Their feathers, encased in Sen's fairy dust, were each carrying a piece of the stolen tech, or one of the unconscious Yakuza. Waka's feathers couldn't be controlled like Hawks could control his, which was why Sen had to use her own Quirk to supplement the rescue mission.