Surveillance

For the first time since its construction, all of Enigma were sitting around the mission control table, waiting for their assignment from Edgeshot. Everyone was in costume, including Will, who was in his lightweight suit, the exo-skeleton standing motionless behind him like a menacing shadow.

"So what are we naming this place?" Daidoji asked, filling the silence.

"HQ?" Okami said, confused by the question in the first place.

"Nah man, it needs a name!" Danji reaffirmed. "Batman has the Batcave, Superman the Fortress of Solitude, and the Avengers have Avengers Tower."

"Well then why not just call it the Enigmacave?"

"Because that's lame," Dai said as if it was obvious.

"What about..." Sen trailed off, a devilish grin on her face, "Starkiller Base!" She declared with faux evil laughter.

"That's already in use," Will responded, not at all amused.

"It's called Darkstar Base," Edgeshot announced, coming down the elevator just as the conversation reached a stalemate. "So you weren't that far off."

"Bout time!" Hirose crossed her arms, her fingers tapping her forearms and her legs bouncing up and down. "Isn't there a whole thing about a ninja never being late?"

"I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a wizard, not a ninja." Will again interjected.

"Sorry, I was confirming the mission assignment with some of the other faculty."

"So we do have a mission?" Dai confirmed, a hopeful look on her face.

Edgeshot nodded, going over to the large monitor overlooking the room and plugging in a data drive.

"Three days ago, Classes 1-A and 1-B confirmed their internships following their display at the Sports Festival." Daidoji's smile vanished as 17 different profiles popped up regarding different students. "These 17 are regarded as the students with the most potential in your grade. They also represent a target for the League of Villains. So, your mission-"

"Should you choose to accept it!" Sen joked loudly in a gruff voice.

Edgeshot glared at her. "You're still on probation young lady, be careful with that mouth of yours."

"Yes sir..."

"Your mission is to shadow these 17 and keep them safe during their internships. One per student, aside from Bakugo, Midoriya, and Todoroki, those three will receive two shadows each."

"Seriously?!" Dai asked. "Our last mission was sooo cool! Can't we have something better than watching the snobs?"

Edgeshot scoffed. "I'd remind you that you were on probation as well but I doubt it would get through your head." He shook his head. "From the start you all knew that you'd be a pillar of society, not a symbol. These 17 could be the future of Hero Society, and your team has proved that they're capable of handling what 1-A can't. Nomus."

Okami nodded. "It'll be a good chance to observe an official Hero patrol as well. See the ins-and-outs while we trail 'em."

Edgeshot nodded, happy to have someone like Okami as team lead. "For the three of Class 1-A, we're gonna have Shizuku and Daidoji on Bakugo," Daidoji looked like she'd burst a vein at that. "Will and Okami will be trailing Midoriya, and Endo and Kaito will be watching over Todoroki."

"These two were absent from the last mission, but you're gonna place them on the important guys?" Li asked.

"Oh trust me, you wouldn't want to fight me and Endo going all out," Shizuku said with a teasing smile.