-- 007

║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌║║▌║║▌║║▌║║▌║

"have a safe ride home , miss.y/n."

xiao says his goodbyes as he closes the car door. you're comfortably sitting on the front passenger seat. the driver starts to follow the road. "did you manage today well , miss ? you seemed to be awfully drunk last night- even sir xiao had to carry you on his way yesterday." the driver says with a chuckle. you can't help but sink into your seat at the thought of last night.

"i was fine."

today felt more like a leisure day. watching noelle perform didn't require as much energy , and after that , you didn't have much to do. the rest of the day was spent chatting away with ganyu and answering emails.

the car smells like cigarettes. there's an ashtray placed right next to you.

"how many times do i have to tell you to stop smoking , old man ?"

you notice his wrinkles are becoming more prominent and his once chocolate-thick locks have faded completely to silver. followed by his heaving coughs , it was obvious he was aging fast.

the man gives his signature smile with wrinkles in the corner of his eyes. "there's no need to worry about it miss. i'll be fine." you don't give him a reply but rather stare out the window. the city begins to light up in contrast to the night.

your home is now visible. he swiftly parks on the side of the seat so you can safely walk to your place of residence. ruffling through your bag , you pull out two crisp $20 bills and place it on the cup holder of his car. you say a word or two to thank him before getting out of the car and fumbling with the keys to enter your home.

the door opened and surprisingly , the house didn't seem too messy. you originally thought it might be more of a mess since you can't remember much from the night , but it was cleaner than expected. you went up the stairs into your room and quickly realized that's where the damage was done.

bedsheets were messy and your clothing was all over the ground. jewelry was scattered throughout the room and you couldn't help but feel embarrassed at the sight of your undergarments buried beneath the various blankets and pillows.

it was just a dream- this never happened.

ever.

you carried the dirty sheets down to the laundry room and also took care of your clothing and accessories. after some vacuuming and dusting , the room seemed as good as new. a sense of pride washed over you at the thought of a clean room. (without the memory of your bodyguard absolutely messing you up the other day) it was reaching 9 pm. you pick up your phone and scroll around. maybe i'll just order food and call it day. you think while walking to your bathroom to start up some hot water.

suddenly , xiao sends you a text.

xiao
sorry i didn't come over to help clean your house. next time i'll make sure to be more mannered.

if there is a next time.

"if there is a next time ?" you say out loud while you pour some bath salt and bubbles into the tub.

"oh."

as you step into the warm water , you can't tell if the reason why your body felt flushed was because of the heat of the bath or the embarrassment you felt from that text.

xiao
sorry i didn't come over to help clean your house. next time i'll make sure to be more mannered.

if there is a next time.

y/n

come over for the weekend ?

║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌║║▌║║▌║║▌║║▌║

"i'm a dumbass."

"you finally realized ?"

xiao collapses onto his bed and rubbed his temples in frustration. kazuha , who sat comfortably on his chair in his room , gave him a teasing look before going back to messing with the little trinkets on xiaos desk. the amber-eyed fellow rolls his eyes.

"why are you so curious to know what's going on in my personal life anyway ?" xiao asks. kazuha shrugs. "we live together so i obviously have to know what your life is like. plus- you already know what the rest of us do all the time. therefore-"

"- no one wants to know that you smoked five blunts yesterday you moron."

he slides off his chair and snatches xiao's phone from him with his tounge sticking out. surprisingly , xiao doesn't seem to fight back but rather chooses to accept his fate.

as he scrolls through his phone , his ruby red eyes squint to read every letter of the conversation between him and you.

"... 'sorry i didn't come over to help clean.... next time'..."

"stop reading it out loud !"

kazuha flashes him a smile before giggling and sneaking under the blankets to amuse himself with the sight of an embarassed xiao.

"we're going to have to tell the rest of our roommates."

║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌║║▌║║▌║║▌║║▌║