-- 008

║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌║║▌║║▌║║▌║║▌║

xiao can't help but feel a bit- no, a lot- awkward in the situation he was in. he silently sat across from you in your own house, and the table was piled with paperwork and pens.

he silently scolded himself for thinking such rancid thoughts of coming to your place. that was a one time thing. plus she probably doesn't even think much of it anyway. he glaces over to you. you're deep in concentration, typing away and answering passive aggressive emails. i'm such a pervert.

you break the silence. "sorry for this... i didn't realize i had this much to do. i should be done in a bit though." xiao shrugged. "it's fine, you're our boss anyway." his mind was busy staring at your current look.

a cotton white shirt and a pair of black atheltic shorts. your h/c hair was tied back with a f/c claw clip that matched your necklace adorning your s/c neck.

she looks like a youthful girlfriend.

not mine. wait what ??

"you're staring."

xiao instantly snaps out of his thoughts the moment he registers your words. his amber eyes look towards you to see your smile. he recollects himself while pretending to mute out your little giggles. "it's okay i don't mind." you tease.

"i would rather prefer if you stared at me instead." xiao commented. you closed your laptop before stretching your limbs and walked over to him.

there was a thought that creeped up to xiaos mind. the yearning to place his hand in yours and having you all to himself, the image conjuring in his imagination.

he slowly angled himself closer to you to get a better look at your face. you seem clueless as to what he was desperate for , and your staring wasn't helping at all either. xiaos cold hand reached to cup the side of your face before leaning in to, what seemed like, press his lips onto yours. you instinctively followed his movement, only to be stopped aruptly.

xiao was quick to pull away and avert his gaze to somewhere else in the room. with ears flushed strawberry pink, he mustered quietly, "sorry. there was a fly or something."

huh ? a fly ?

...

you couldn't help but feel embarassed at the realization that your own coworker wasn't going to kiss you- but just shoo the imaginary 'fly' away towards your face. your heart feels like its running laps and you feel the need to cover your face and run away from the earth forever. the papers were still scurried around the area and lukewarm cups of coffee seemed to be begging its owner to be cleaned.

"actually i should probably clean this mess ! maybe you could like help or something." you mention while placing papers into a neat stack on the table. xiao nods and begins to assist you in doing so.

his teal hair covered most of his face from your view, but his expression was one of regret. he once again scolded himself for being such a 'wussy', as aether always said. he watched you closely as you picked up some cups and placed them into the sink.

"oh it's already late. i'm so sorry for this... next time i'll make sure there's no work to do when you come over." you said with a frown after finishing up the dishes and paperwork. xiao shakes his head from left to right. "it's really fine. i don't have much to do over the weekends anyway, so i had a good time." his words of reassurance made you smile.

he slipped his shoes on and gave you one last look. "oh and one more thing..." suddenly he lifts your chin with his fingers and gently kisses your lips, his touch feeling like the bloom of spring flowers. he lets go quicker than you wanted him to, his hand reaching for the doorknob with the smallest curve lifting his lips.

"... there wasn't a fly anywhere."

the door then closes and leaves you alone in your house with the only sound of your heart beating and mind to race its own thoughts.

║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌║║▌║║▌║║▌║║▌║

me when im back after like 199196372 years of being dead 🗣️🗣️🗣️ I HOPE YALL STILL READ THIS STORY BC I MISSED U GUYS AND UR COMMENTS SM </333

i promise ill be feeding yall w good shit from now on 😞😞