4

The last few days had been so much about putting their routine into place again, trying to navigate what their lives were like without Jennie, the nights, their nights were all about Jennie.

Those were moments they both found themselves really facing their grief.

They'd come to rely on one another for comfort, a shoulder to lean on, to cry on, a hug that felt like the pain wouldn't be permanent. Of course, the wine helped to lower their guard, to be truthful.

So here they were again, wine glasses in hand, lounging on the living room couch and talking. Laughing about some memories they shared with Jennie. This exercise was becoming something they waited for at the end of the day, looked forward to it, it was the only time the pain felt like it could be bearable.

"I don't think Jennie and I ever fought," Lisa said, trying to recall anything they may have disagreed on.

"Are you kidding me right now? That one time you'll had a disagreement, and I got to see a whole new side of Jennie."

"Oh wait. The time I didn't believe her when she told me she found out Kai was cheating on me?" Lisa asked, cause she knew that was about the only time they had somewhat of an argument and didn't talk for a good 24 hours. She was dating Oh Sehun for a year, this was the year Jennie and Roseanne had just moved in together.

Roseanne nodded, "she came home that day, slamming the door behind her, and when I asked her what's wrong she didn't respond, but she rushed up the stairs and went straight to the bedroom. So I followed her up."

"And?" Lisa asked, realizing that she never really knew about Jennie's side of things on this day.

"And I found her pacing in the room, just walking back and forth, her hands folded across her chest. I tried approaching her and asking her what's wrong, but she wouldn't have any of it, she just told me to leave her alone and I honestly found that quite strange. She never pushed me away no matter what was on her mind"

"Well, if it's any consolation, I was in the same mood that day." Lisa said, remembering the day like it was yesterday.

Flashback

"Jennie you've been pacing for the last 5 minutes, can you please talk to me and tell me what happened? Did you tell Lisa?", Roseanne asked.

Jennie finally stopped pacing and looked at Roseanne, her eyes were red, and Roseanne couldn't tell if it was from anger or sadness.

"Yes Rosie. I just told my best friend that she's being cheated on, that the person she's so madly in love with is seeing someone else behind her back. And you know what? She didn't believe me."

"Oh Jen"

"I just want to be alone right now Rosie, please" "Jennie, I think it'll be better if you talk it out with me."

"ROSEANNE. Do you know what that feels like? My best friend thinks I'm making this up, when all I'm trying to do is protect her. She's willing to fight me over it, me, who's known her for so many years, all for this worthless asshole who she's known for just a year, who doesn't even respect her the way she deserves."

"No, Jennie, I don't know what that feels like, but I know you're hurt." "I'll be okay. I just want to talk to Lisa. Make her understand."

"She'll come around" Roseanne tried to offer some comfort. But Jennie wasn't having any of it. Jennie went to her side of the bed, and plopped herself down, laying down, staring at the ceiling and feeling helpless, looking so troubled and annoyed.