- Final Chapter

It had been a whole week now. Lisa had booked herself another Airbnb and was staying there now. She'd had the toughest week yet, but spent most of her time inside, trying to keep herself busy and her mind off what it meant now, that Roseanne wasn't talking to her.

Was Roseanne disgusted by her? Was she completely hurt beyond repair, would she never forgive Lisa? Lisa was beginning to hate everything about this whole scene. They seemed to be constantly unhappy and they seemed to always be hurting one another she was so tired of that now, and she bet Roseanne was tired of it too. Was this Rosie's way of saying she'd had enough? Was this how things between them finally ended?

Lisa wanted to explain, how she had never intended to sleep with Shaw specifically. And she definitely never intended for it to become a regular fuck. It was just a way to keep herself distracted from the pain. The pain of being away.

Her phone buzzed.

"We've been going about this all wrong, Lis" the text read, it was Roseanne. Lisa couldn't help the tears.

"I know," she replied.

"We need to talk. Can you meet me tomorrow, at my place?" "Sure. 7 pm sound good?" Lisa replied.

"Yes" came Roseanne's reply.

That was it. That was their conversation and it scared Lisa what tomorrow would be like if this was how they were talking to one another now.

"I promised you, I'd make things right... I'm keeping that promise." Roseanne said.

Lisa took a deep breath, what did this mean? But she couldn't help herself when she replied "You promised me you'd stay." she texted.

"I did. I'm sorry. Something changed that morning. I couldn't be there. But I've had time to process what I feel about all of this..." Roseanne replied, "And I know what needs to be done now."

It scared Lisa. The clipped way in which Roseanne replied. This was the end. She knew it. Tomorrow would be the end of whatever this had become.

"Okay"

Roseanne had had a whole week to process every emotion she'd felt that morning. The jealousy came from a place of knowing she couldn't have Lisa without all the guilt overwhelming them, and that in that time, Lisa could seek comfort from whoever she could. She had no right over Lisa that way, they had never defined themselves as anything more than friends. And she had no right holding this against Lisa.

And if Lisa was still seeing Shaw, then Roseanne owed Lisa a chance to explain. She needed to hear Lisa out. And she'd do that. And maybe they could find a way to be okay again. But there was in fact one way she could take this a step ahead. It may mean nothing, and it may not make all that much of a difference, but it was something, and she knew both their hearts would feel a little lighter if she did this one small thing.

Maybe it would be enough, maybe it would turn this whole thing into an even bigger disaster, but she had made up her mind now. And she needed this to be out. Jisoo knew. And Joohyun knew now. And the two of them had shown no signs of judgment. Jisoo had even called her multiple times throughout the week to let her know that while it came as a surprise, she was just glad her friends had found some peace and comfort in one another, she was happy for them if they'd found a way to share love.

But she also knew that they had complications to fix, and she urged Roseanne to hear Lisa out. To give this a chance it deserves. And Roseanne had been convinced. She just had something she needed to do before talking to Lisa. Because this, this would mean something. She had to trust it would help them along.