6 |Letters of the last |

September 15th (12:44pm) at school

You were sat in the lesson, barely paying attention- things were playing on your mind. Nothing in particular but anything but whatever the teacher was blabbering about. You rubbed your eyes, tired for the lack of sleep you had gotten. You yawned quietly, before slumping your head into your desk. Since you were overshadowed behind the Tall people. You were like a shadow in the dark, hiden between everyone elses shadow.

It didn't bother you at all.

You scribbled down some notes, things briefly catching your attention. Once you hear the bell ring you jump out of your seat faster then anyone else. You grab your bag and fly out the door. And that being a dumb idea meant you went flying out the door dropping half your things- your bag split open (it got caught on the handle of the door) and snapped.

Since it was period 4, lunch time. Everyone was walking down that specific corridor. You felt a wave of red rush over your face as your pull your broken bag of the handle quickly. Feeling everyone's eyes burn onto your back, you grab your things. Pressure building up. You grabbed your bag and hoisted it onto your shoulder hoping it would stay.

And NOPE!

It tore even more and the loud clatter that once echoed, echoed again. You pick up your things again, picking up your stationary. 1 pen being rebellious rolled away and you shuffled slightly to grab it. Before another hand reached for it.

Looking up, you saw Xiao. His face as stern as ever, he inspected the pen before handing it back and helping pack your stuff in a order to stop it falling out. You caught yourself staring deepily into the back of your head.

"Here." He said, placing the bag on your shoulder carefully touching your shoulder gently.

"Thanks-.." you mutter, with a small smile looking at him slightly.

He looks at you for a moment. Looking deepily into the coat your wearing.

"That's my coat if I'm right?" He asks you, looking at you- making eye contact with you.

"U-uh u-uhm yeah." You stutter, feeling the red build in your cheeks, "you can have it back!!"

You begin taking it off your shoulders before a hand slipped it back onto you. 'Suprisingly' it was Xiao's hand.

"It's fine, don't worry about it-" he says before turning around and walking down the corridor.

'Why does my heart beat louder and louder everytime I'm around him. I don't understand. We aren't even friends. I hate this feeling' you think to yourself.

7:33pm (at home)

You look at your phone- not sure on what to do. You decide to read some fanfictions as a time pass. But it only holds your interest for 30 minutes before you faceplant your bed in boredom. Instead you read a letter you received from your mother before she died.

Hello my darling Y/n

How are you darling? Have you recovered, I am recovering slowly but I should be out of hospital soon. Is the caretaker looking after you alright (I always thought she was a bit sketchy) haha keep that between us though!! Daddy is in a better place now, and once I see you again I'll explain. Daddy wants you to know how much he loves you.

How has school been?? Has that annoying girl, what's her name. Mimi is it? Is 'Mimi' still making fun of you.

Remember to study hard and you will achive the most you set out to do! If you wanted to become a astronaut and put your mind to it! Nothing is impossible..