PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE

"The tesseract has awakened. It is on a little world. A human world. They would wield its power... But our ally knows its workings as they never will."

Lilith watched as her father's personal servant, known as The Other, presented the powerful staff to the demigod, Loki Laufeyson. He was her next assignment, well part of it. The humans on Earth found themselves to be in possession of a very powerful object, an infinity stone. It was still in its protective form of the tesseract, proving that they really had no idea what it was. That was the other part of her assignment.

She walked out of the shadows and joined the demigod standing in front of the throne.

"He is ready to lead. And our force, our Chitauri, will follow. She will obey you and supervise him as appointed."

Lilith and Loki glanced at each other and sized one another up. They both don't like working with others. Loki felt demeaned that his superiors thought he needed assistance and someone to watch over him. Lilith felt like she could be doing more important things than babysitting some impulsive and hot-headed former prince.

But he would comply considering this is the best way to win power he rightfully deserved, and get under his brother's— no, his enemy's skin. And she would do as she always did, obey her father. What else could she do?

"The world will be his. The universe yours. And the humans, what can they do but burn?"