III. ENIGMA

CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE

She couldn't help but be livid as she's cuffed to her seat in the jet, across from Loki, meaning she has to look at his annoying face. He stopped smirking at her a while ago, which makes her certain that her menacing glare might actually be getting to him. Good.

She could have easily gotten away but she knew she couldn't really leave him. She just doesn't understand why he gave up so easily. She could hear the two leaders of this hero band discussing her same question quietly to themselves. Obviously not quiet enough.

The storm outside shakes the jet, and consequently the passengers around.

The red-headed pilot speaks up from the front, "Where's this coming from?"

Thunder continues to rumble, closer this time. Loki looks out the window above uncertainly and almost afraid. The blonde girl looks at him confused, never seeing him look this nervous before.

The captain notices as well and asks, "What's the matter? Scared of a little lightning?"

Loki replies, "I'm not overly fond of what follows." Her eyebrows raise in understanding.

This is not going to be good.

A deafening thud hits the jet, jostling it even more. Everyone looks up at the roof. Both heroes prepare themselves for a battle and put on their full armor. Stark opens the ramp.

"No, don't!" shouts Lilith, surprising everyone on the plane. No one had heard her speak yet, or shout for that matter.

The soldier glances at Stark, "What are you doing?"

But it was too late, Thor, Loki's ex-brother (according to him) lands expertly on the now completely open ramp. Loki's eyes widen in fear. Thor Odinson stalks toward Loki, and when Stark tries to stop him, he slams his weapon into his chest, sending him flying back.

Thor glaring at Loki reaches him and pulls him up, breaking his restraints in the process, and grabs him by the neck before taking off, dragging his brother along with him.

Lilith stares blinking after him. He just stole her mission.

Stark stands and says nonchalantly, "Now there's that guy."

The woman from the front quizzes, "Another Asgardian?"

Lilith scoffs, "I'm not Asgardian!" But it falls on deaf ears as no one's listening to her.

The captain responds to the others, "Think the guy's a friendly?"

The armored man responds, "Doesn't matter. If he frees Loki or kills him, the Tesseract's going to be that much harder to find." He turns toward the exit getting ready to jump and go after them.

"That's Thor, his brother. Or, not anymore? It doesn't matter, I don't know what he'll do to him, so you better get him back! Or better yet, let me go to get him back," she says, almost pleadingly.