I. EARTHBOUND

CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE

Lilith waited impatiently for Loki's minion on Earth to finish opening the portal the way he was instructed. They were still on the rock where Loki got his scepter. They were still not well acquainted and could barely stand next to each other.

" You're sure he's going to open it properly?" she accuses Loki, making him turn to her with narrowed eyes. Rolling his eyes, he turns back to where this portal made by the tesseract was supposedly going to open.

She grabs his arm threateningly and yanks him back towards her. "Answer me. Unless you really want to know how one get's on the wrong side of my father."

Loki continues to glare at her and snatches his arm back from her. But something in her expression made him answer her like she demanded, "Yes. I've been nudging him in the back of his mind for a year. He doesn't know what he's doing but he is doing it." He rolls his eyes once again as he faces the front, "He's just a stupid, slow Midgardian, it takes him a while to do one simple task." He then smirks at her, "You should know something about that."

In one smooth move, she has a knife to his neck, "What's that supposed to mean?"

Even though he knows she can easily end him, he also knows she would never disobey her father. He was supposed to be protected by her. This gives him the confidence to continue this conversation that was entirely entertaining him, "Just that you are one."

Narrowing her eyes, she smirks as a hundred or more of her image surround them with a menacing expression. Finally, his resolve breaks slightly as she replies, "Do I look like a mere mortal to you?"

Though, in the back of her mind, a little thought says you have no idea what you are.

Suddenly a bright blue light appears and swirls, blinding them. Immediately, her illusions drop including the one holding the knife, revealing she was never near him, to begin with.

Loki blinks in surprise, she was just as cunning with her illusions as he is, he shakes it off and nods toward the growing portal, "Let's just get this over with."

She smirks and follows him through the portal.

. . .

Reappearing in a large room with a high ceiling filled with scientific equipment, Lilith blinks slowly, allowing her stomach to adjust to the space travel. She quickly accesses the situation.

Soldiers slowly approach them as Loki straightens himself, grinning at everyone, clutching his scepter like the dramatic idiot he is. Lilith rolls her eyes to herself. She's already conjured an illusion concealing where she is, as she moves to the corners of the room and looks for any real threats.

A man dressed in all black leather with a black eyepatch over his bald head finally speaks out to them, "Sir please put down the spear."

Glancing first down at his weapon and then back up to the men, Loki starts firing energy blasts and his favorite knives at everyone. Lilith continues to creep around the room toward the tesseract while focusing on her illusion so it doesn't fail and give her away. She could take care of herself, but she much enjoyed working smarter than harder. The men are firing their weapons at Loki but the bullets are easily deflected. She smirks, this is incredibly easy. Earth really is behind in many advancements.