Chapter - 2

Third Person's POV

" Look, Rik, we have come back winning a war and this lazy lass is still in the bed." 

Pritika and Ada looked toward the source of the voice and saw Advik and Ritwik standing at the door of Ada's room, wearing jogging outfits.

[Advik will be mentioned as Adi and Ritwik will be mentioned as Rik hence]

Rik is the son of Tanvi and Rahul. Rahul is Adesh's cousin and Tanvi is Pritika's cousin. They both now live in London. They handle the business of Thakurs. When Ada and Adi were five years old, Pritika's grandfather, Kailash Thakur died of a heart attack. Just a month before his death, his wife, who was paralysed for many years also died. 

No one from the old generation is alive in either family. Adesh's grandparents also died some years ago. 

Tanvi and Rahul now handle the Thakurs' business as Tanvi's father, Vikram Thakur has taken retirement. Rik didn't go with his parents when they settled in London for business. Rik, Adi and Ada are inseparable. He didn't want to be separated from his cousins. So he stayed with them. 

Adi and Rik walked over to Ada and hugged her from both sides after getting up on the bed. 

Ada made a face because of their sweaty hug. As they both came from jogging they both were completely drenched in sweat. 

PRITIKA: How many times do I need to tell you both not to hug your sister directly after coming from running? 

Pritika scolded both boys. They were always worried about Ada's health. They were extremely cautious about her health. As they both came from outside, Pritika was worried about Ada's asthma. 

ADA : Mom! You should be scolding them for hugging me in their sweaty clothes. But the reason should be different. Not worried about my health. This small thing will not trigger my asthma. You should scold them because this is nasty. 

ADI : Mom, do you think we both do anything which can cause harm to my precious sister? 

RIK : Yeah, don't worry, Pri ma, we have already changed our clothes and these are not sweats. This is water. We did this to annoy her. 

Ada pouted upon hearing this. Every day they did this and after hearing this, she finally realized they made a fool of her all these days. 

Pritika smiled upon hearing Rik's statement. She realized she was worrying needlessly. How could she forget! Their sister is their life.

PRITIKA : ok, Ada now, please get up. Your dad is waiting. Do you want him to wait so long? 

Ada exhaled a long breath. She realized that she could not delay any longer. She climbed down from the bed and with very small steps she started going towards the washroom. Seeing her action, except shaking their head Pritika, Adi and Rik had nothing to do. 

—------

In the living room of Chauhan's house. 

Nilesh and Naresh were reading newspapers while Adesh was also sitting there working on his laptop. 

Nilesh is Adesh's father and Naresh is Adesh's uncle. Ada, Adi and Rik called Nilesh, Dadu and Naresh, chote dadu.

Adesh has now aged a little but still, his handsomeness has not been affected a single bit.

Seeing Pritika enter the living room alone, Adesh asked " Where is Ada?" 

PRITIKA : She is coming…let's go to the dining room, she will join us there. 

They all went into the dining room. At the dining area, Aditi, Adesh's mother and Radhika, Adesh's Chachi ( wife of paternal uncle) were helping the maids to arrange the breakfast. 

After they all settle down, all the young generation means Ada, Adi, Rik and Siddhant (Who will be mentioned as Sid hence) entered the room together. 

Siddhant, 16 years old, is the son of Nidhi, Adesh's sister. Nidhi got married to her lover Shivay Gupta. Nidhi fell in love with him when she went away to a village to do her internship. As she was not accustomed to the village's lifestyle, it was very difficult for her to stay there. But during her stay there Shivay helped her a lot in many difficult situations. He belongs to a very poor family. Through the help of scholarships, he completed his studies. Shivay who is a cardiologist, a doctor of the heart, captured Nidhi's heart. Nidhi who used to loathe the village's lifestyle, used to mock Pritika for being poor, and now lives in a village happily with her poor in-laws. They spend every weekend at Chauhan's house. Their son, Sid lives with the Chauhans.

All the children wished everyone a good morning together and sat on their respective chairs. These children are the life of Chauhans. 

ADESH : Ada, I have been waiting for you for so long. Have the breakfast fast. The doctor must be waiting for us. 

With a grim expression, Ada started eating her breakfast. Everyone knew the reason behind her unhappy expression but no one could do anything about it. Everyone believes this quarterly check-up is for her good. So no one makes any objection to it even after knowing how much Ada hates this. Every day Ada has her breakfast with a cheerful expression and brings a smile to everyone's face. But this checkup day is the only day when she has her breakfast with a disheartened expression. No one likes to see her like this but they are doing this for her good. 

After having breakfast with her family, Ada left for the hospital with her dad. 

When Ada was little Pritika also used to accompany them but every time seeing her little daughter getting many injections she used to cry. So she has stopped coming with them for many years. Now only Adesh accompanies Ada to the doctor. 

After doing some tests Ada was waiting outside for the results while her father was talking with the doctor inside the doctor's cabin. At that moment a little girl, maybe 12 or 13 years old, wearing a hospital gown came in front of Ada and gave her a chocolate. 

Ada took the chocolate from her hand and pinched her cheeks lightly while saying thank you. 

ADA : Hi cutie, what is your name?

" I am Devanshi. My brother calls me Devi. You can also call me that." 

ADA : Ok, Devi, why are you giving me this chocolate? Don't you like it? 

DEVI : Yes I love chocolates. This is my favourite chocolate. 

ADA : You are giving me your favourite chocolate! You are such a lovely girl. If I were you, I would never share my favourite chocolate. I am very mean.

Ada told the little girl with a serious tone as if she is really mean.

Devi started saying in a pleading tone " Please don't be mean to my brother in future. Please share food with my brother. Please love him.…-" 

But before she could complete her sentence, a nurse came and took her away. Ada was just about to stop her and wanted to ask her what she meant by her statement, Adesh called her and asked her to follow him inside the doctor's cabin. 

Ada with a puzzled expression and question full of mind followed her father's order and entered the doctor's chamber.