Chapter - 7

Third Person's POV 

Entering the hospital, Ada directly went to the receptionist. After exchanging welcome wishes Ada asked the receptionist " Hi, can you tell me the ward number of the patient named Devanshi." 

After nodding her head in response and looking at the computer for some minutes, the receptionist replied politely " Sorry, ma'am but there is no patient with this name." 

'What? How could this be possible? I remember very clearly, she told me her name was Devanshi. Then why is her name not present? Is she already discharged? Yeah, it is possible. I asked the receptionist about her ward number, maybe that is why she told me this.' - Ada was thinking this in her mind. She was just about to ask her more when she heard Shivay's voice from behind. 

" What are you doing at the hospital, Ada?" 

Ada got startled and also a little nervous. She didn't understand what she would say. She chose this very day to come and check about Devanshi because She knew her buadadi (Pratima, Adesh's bua), who became the dean of the hospital, would be out of town for some seminar. She didn't understand what Shivay was doing there. Because Shivay or Nidhi never stay in the city during weekdays. They always go back to the village. 

After composing herself and collecting her thoughts about what she would answer if Shivay asked her what she was doing at the hospital, She turned back with a normal surprised expression and asked him " Uncle! What are you doing at the hospital?"

"I am a doctor. I think it is very normal for me to present here. What are you doing here? " - Shivay asked her with a suspicious look on his face. 

ADA : Of course, I know you are a doctor. I mean to ask what are you doing in this hospital? You don't work in this hospital and besides, usually, you and bua attend the village hospital on weekdays. I am just surprised to see you here. 

SHIVAY : I came here to assist a friend of mine in an operation. You didn't answer my question. What are you doing here? 

' I think Sid has gotten this detective gene from his father. Uncle is more difficult to handle than his son. Why do my family members always act like detectives in my life?' - Ada murmured in her mind. 

ADA : Uncle, I came here to meet someone. 

Ada smiled thinking ' I am not lying. This is not a lie. I am just not revealing the complete truth.' 

But her smile vanished in the next second when she heard Shivay's next questions. 

SHIVAY : Who? Who is this friend? Is he or she very ill? Let me accompany you. 

' What? Why? You are a great doctor, a famous heart surgeon but you don't have to see every patient in the world! Of course, he wants to accompany me because he is suspicious of me. He is very sure I am hiding something. That I am doing really. I cannot always tell everything about my life. Why doesn't my family understand this? Now, what will I tell him?' - Ada was in a dilemma. 

When Ada didn't understand what to say to her uncle, to her bad luck, the receptionist started talking to her about Devanshi.

"Good morning, Dr Shivay. Excuse me, ma'am, the patient you were asking about earlier, I have just found out some details about her. Do you want to know?" 

' Why? God? Why dear? Can't you find out about it a little late or a little early?' - Ada was condemning the receptionist in her mind.

SHIVAY : Yes, she wants to know. Please say what you have found.

"Yes, Doctor… Ma'am, Devanshi's uncle took her away from our hospital two days ago signing bond papers. Her condition was not good. She was on the top of our heart receivers list. She had been waiting for a donor for many days." 

ADA : What? she needs a heart transplant? If her condition was critical, why did her family take her away? Do you have any contact information or any other information? Do you have any idea of her having a brother?  

" No, ma'am strangely all her information has been deleted. I don't know why. But as her uncle signed the bond papers, it is on our register. There is no information about her brother or any other family members. Sorry, ma'am, I have no other information to give you." 

ADA : It is ok…thank you. 

Hearing that the little girl's condition was not good and she needed a heart transplant, Ada became so disheartened that she had completely forgotten about Shivay's presence beside him until he spoke. 

SHIVAY : Who is this Devanshi? How do you know her? And why are you asking about her having a brother or not? 

'Oh shoot! Uncle! How did I forget about him? I don't think I can hide it anymore. But if I tell him, he will definitely tell everyone. No, I cannot tell him everything.' - Ada thought in her mind. 

Ada understood she couldn't hide from her uncle anymore so She told him. But she told him a half-truth. She hid the part of her brother. When her uncle asked her why she was inquiring about her brother. She replied very smartly that the little girl was asking her(Ada) about her brother. She ( Ada) just wanted to help that girl. She was feeling a little pity for that girl. So she wanted to meet her. 

Shivay's suspicion just subsided a little, it didn't completely vanish. He kept a hand on Ada's shoulder and said to her with a gentle tone " Ada, we just care for you. We don't want you to get hurt. I am leaving…go home safely, dear." 

Shivay left and Ada sighed in relief. Ada was feeling a little bad for hiding something from everyone. She knew they always acted like a spy in her life because they all cared for her. But she felt they sometimes became extreme.

She was confused about the incident. She didn't understand why suddenly Devenshi's family discharged her from the hospital when her condition was critical. Why were her details also deleted? She was in her thoughts when a message came into her phone and broke her thoughts. Reading the message she was in a little dilemma.