Chapter - 12

Third person’s POV 

" Sir, a problem has occurred. Somehow the media has gotten the news of Ada ma'am and Mr Malhotra's son's marriage deal. Many reporters have gathered in our office premises."

Adi and Adesh looked at the assistant with shocked expressions.

“What? But how? What is going on, Adi? Find out who the traitor is.”- Adesh ordered with an angry expression. He was disturbed by the situation. That was not only about his business but also news about his precious daughter’s life.

“Dad, I will look into this matter later, but we should handle the press first. Have you thought about how to handle them? What will you tell them?” -Adi asked with a worried face. According to him, cracking a business deal is easier than handling the press. 

Adesh was about to say something when his phone rang. He picked up the phone and talked with the person on the phone with a serious face. Adi didn’t hear what the other party said, he only heard his father agree with the person on something.  But it didn’t take much time for him to understand who called and said what.

After ending the phone call, Adesh called someone else but that person didn’t answer the call. Adesh frowned and asked Adi “ where is your sister? Why isn’t she picking up the call?” 

Adi wasn’t able to answer because he had no idea where his sister was.

Adesh looked at Adi with a dissatisfied face. He didn’t expect this kind of answer. He told Adi, it was Mr Malhotra who called just a minute ago and informed him that his son has no problem with this marriage alignment and he asked him to declare this to the media as the media was making their news. 

“Now, what will I do, Ada is not answering her phone?” - Adesh asked with a tense face. 

Adi was about to suggest something when Adesh’s phone beeped with a message. 

It was a message from Ada saying “ Dad, I cannot receive your call now. If you have anything important to say just message me.” 

Adesh didn’t like the idea of talking about such an important matter via message. He tried to deny it but Ada was adamant. Finally, with no way out, Adesh told Ada about everything. He thought after reading the message Ada would call back but to her surprise Ada message back saying “ Dad, I know you will always decide the best for me. Whatever you decide, I will be happy with it.” 

Reading the message Adesh felt a little satisfaction but he wanted Ada to decide this herself. He again messaged her but her reply was the same. Finally, Adesh decided he would convey to the media the news of the marriage alignment between his and Malhotra's families as Ada did not show any objection. Adesh and Adi both went to the lobby area where the press gathered.

*********************

At the Temple…

Dev’s grandma asked Ada “ So Ada, what have you decided?” 

Ada didn’t reply to her anything. How could she decide? It was a choice between her father and the man with whom she planned a future. She was looking at Dev with pleading eyes in the hope that maybe he would say something but alas! All hope vanished when Dev said to her “ Ada if you love me truly then marry me. Prove my Dadi ( grandma) wrong that our love was not a time pass. You were always serious about me,”

Ada felt the very day was the worst day of her life. The two important men in her life disappointed her very much. One was asking her to prove her love and the other one made such an important decision in her life without her permission and even telecast that in front of the whole world without even informing her.

Ada tried to make Dev and his family for the one last time “ Dev, my love for you is completely pure. Grandma ( Dev), please don’t make the situation so difficult for me. Trust me, if I tell my family I love him they will never force me to marry someone else. It was my fault that I did not inform them about my relationship and that is why this kind of situation happened. Just let me talk to my father first.”

As Ada started to search for her phone, she again missed the l the eye talk between Dev’s grandma and bua (aunt). Where Dev’s bua was giving Dev’s grandma an assuring smile indicating to let Ada call her father. 

Ada called her father but no one answered the call. Ada then called his brother but the same happened, no one answered. When Ada was in a dilemma about what to do next a message came from her father “ Ada, come home I have fixed your marriage.”

Reading the message she called back but again no one answered. Then she messaged him about her relationship with Dev. Her father replied but the reply broke her heart. Her father replied “ Don’t be ridiculous, you will marry the person I have chosen. This is for our business benefit. Forget about anyone else.” 

Ada could not believe that her father was telling her that. Her father was thinking about the business benefit, not about her happiness. She started to feel Dev’s grandma’s words were correct. 

Seeing Ada’s crying face, a sinister smile came across Dev’s Bua’s face.

When Dev’s grandma again asked her what she decided, Ada closed her eyes in distress, and after exhaling a long breath she looked at Dev and said “ I am ready to marry you, Dev.”

Ada and Dev both got married at the temple. When Dev put the vermillion on Ada’s forehead, Ada closed her eyes; tears fell from her eyes. “ I am sorry, mom. I am sorry, everyone. Dad has left no other choice for me.” - Ada cried saying these in her mind. 

 While Ada was sad about the situation, two other people gave each other a victory smile. “ Adesh, You have made our life hell to avenge your dear daughter's suffering. Now I will make your daughter’s life hell. She will see what actual suffering is and give you pain through your daughter.” - Dev’s Bua promised herself. She was looking at Ada with pure hatred. But between their hatred, happy and sad expressions, only Dev had a neutral expression on his face. It was difficult to tell what he was thinking and feeling.