Chapter - 13

Third Person’s POV

In the Chauhans family’s drawing room, all the members of the Chauhan family and the Malhotra family were gathered. They all gathered to discuss the marriage matter, and they also wanted Ada to meet with Mohit, Mr. Malhotra’s son. 

The news of Ada’s marriage to Mohit became a hot topic in the city. The media always covers any information about Chauhan's family with very much interest. But they were surprised to see the amount of Interest the media had been showing in Ada and Mohit’s marriage announcement; as if they had been waiting for this news only.   They all wanted to settle everything as soon as possible before the media would start pestering them. 

They all were waiting for Ada to come home. Adesh and all the other Chauhan family were quite worried for Ada, as she was not answering her phone. She had never behaved this way. It was evening time so they were hoping for her arrival soon. 

All of them were chatting while waiting for Ada. Every family member of the Chauhan family was very impressed with Mohit. They believed Ada and Mohit would be a good match together. 

At first, everyone was very angry with Adesh and Adi for taking such an important decision so hastily. They were not happy at all when they found out Adesh received Ada’s consent through a message. But their dissatisfaction faded a little when they met Mohit. They were very happy with him.

They were happily chatting when Pritika suddenly gasped and stood up from the sofa with a shocked expression. Everyone looked at her confusingly and followed her eyesight. They also got shocked seeing the scene in front of them. Malhotra's expression changed from shock to vexation very fast. But the Chauhan’s were quietly looking with shocked faces. They didn’t find the strength to utter anything. 

In front of them, at the living room’s entrance, Ada was standing with Dev. But it was not shocking for the Chauhans that their daughter came home with a stranger. The shocking thing was; there was vermillion on Ada’s forehead, and both of them had a garland hanging around their neck. Seeing their appearance, even a child could tell that they have got married. 

Finally, after a long silence, Pritika said with a disbelief tone “ Ada!

 What is this?”

Ada didn’t reply to anything, she just lowered her head. Adesh’s mother, Aditi also asked her the same question. Everyone was expecting an answer from Ada. But she was not replying to anything.  Seeing Ada not replying to their questions, Pritika got angry. For the first time, she raised her voice at Ada “ Can’t you speak! We are asking you something, Ada!”  

Tears were falling from Ada’s eyes. She knew her action would bring only shame to her family. But she was helpless. She didn’t want to lose her love. She looked at her father with grievance. She believed if her father had not announced the news of the marriage alignment between the two families to the media, Dev’s grandma would not have forced her to choose between Dev and her father. 

Adesh was very much in shock finding out that Ada had gotten married without their permission. He had never expected this kind of behaviour from his dear daughter. He became a little confused when he saw the grievance look on Ada’s face. He believed it should be the one who should have looked at Ada with the same expression. He scrutinized Dev from head to toe very keenly. 

No one understood how to react. They all were angry, hurt, and also confused by Ada’s action. They believed they had never seen the person standing beside Ada before except for Sid. Sid regretted that he had not informed anyone about Dev earlier. 

Mr. Malhotra blamed Adesh for insulting them. “ Mr. Chauhan, Now the entire city knows about the marriage alignment. This is an insult to us. You should have talked with your daughter. we don’t want to continue any business dealings with you. And remember we will never forget this insult. From now, count us as your rival company.” Saying these the Malhotras left their house.

No one uttered a single word against the Malhotras, because they knew they had no face to say anything to them. Their daughter’s action made them lose face. 

“Why? Ada, why? You didn’t think about our reputation! Did you not think about the consequences? Who is this man?” - Pritika asked “ Don’t stay quiet! when you dare to take such a big step without asking our permission; then, now answer our questions! Why did you do this? Why did you give consent when you had no plan to marry Mr. Malhotras Son?”

“Consent? What consent? Dad didn’t even find the need to ask me! I never wanted to do something like this but Dad made this situation.” - Ada said in a grievance tone.

“ what? You are blaming dad! Dad messaged you in front of me. I have read the message where you said you would be happy with dad’s choice.” - Adi said very firmly. 

But Ada denied it and she told them how she found the news of her marriage on the news channels and what Adesh replied when she massaged him. She even showed them her phone as proof. Adesh also took out his phone to show his messages, but to his and Adi’s surprise, there was no such message. Both Adesh and Advik looked at each other with frowning faces. 

“ Dad, I had never expected you would not even ask my permission before taking such a big decision in my life. I know my act has disgraced my family, but I had no other option. I am leaving.” - Ada said with a heartbroken expression. 

“What? Where? We don’t even know this man! You will not go anywhere!” - Adesh declared.

“ Dad, this man is now my husband! I will go to his home. His family is waiting for us,” - Ada replied. 

“ No way! You will not go anywhere. If you want us to accept this marriage then you will not go anywhere leaving your home.” - Adesh saith with authoritativeness.    

Ada was going to reply something when Dev finally opened his mouth “ Mr. Chauhan, we are now married. Now my home is Ada’s home. She will live with me from now on.” 

“You! Shut up! I am not talking to you. What intention do you have? What do you want? You trapped my daughter. I will send you to jail. Do you want money? How much money do you want? Just say the amount”- Adesh shouted at Dev.

Ada was very hurt and shocked by her father’s behaviour. She never thought her father could talk with Dev like that. Even everyone else was a little surprised by Adesh’s choice of words but they could understand Adesh’s emotions.