Chapter - 6

Third person's POV

" What will you not tell us? What are you both planning to hide?"

Both Ada and Sid got startled to hear the voice coming from behind them. They were scared to think how much Shivay ( Sid's father) heard their conversation. Before turning toward his father, Sid looked at Ada with threatening eyes and Ada also looked back with the same expression. Through their eyes, they were saying the same thing to each other " If my secret is revealed, I won't leave you either."

" What? Why are you both standing like a statue? What are you both planning? " - Shivay looked at both of them with a wary look. 

Both Ada and Sid looked at him with innocent faces. As if they were the most innocent child on the earth. 

ADA : Hi Uncle, When have you arrived? Where is Bua? 

Just as Ada finished her sentence, a car entered through the main gate of Chauhan's house and came to halt just beside them. The car door opened and Nidhi came out of the car. 

Calling bua, Ada ran towards Nidhi's embrace and Nidhi hug her dear niece dearly. Whenever she hugs her niece in her embrace, every time she thanks god for keeping her alive. She has not forgiven herself yet. She still blames herself for Ada's condition. She used to feel guilty when Ada was not able to attend the school like any other normal child during her childhood. Ada has a separate space in her heart. Sometimes she shows more love to Ada than to her own son. 

"Yeah…mom, give your all love to her. If there's any love left, give it to this poor boy." Sid said making a puppy face.

Both Ada and Nidhi chuckled and Nidhi opened her arms for her son. Sid ran to his mother's embrace and hugged his mother tightly. " Jealous baby" - Ada teased him while rumbling his hair. 

Their beautiful moments were broken by Shivay's voice " Ada, Sid, you guys didn't tell me what you were discussing."

Ada and Sid exchanged a worried glance. Ada thought of something and gave Sid an assuring smile. She very smartly changed the topic. 

ADA : Uncle, today I went for my full body check-up. Have you checked the report? 

Hearing this Nidhi immediately said " Oh right! Today was your check-up day. How is the report? Umm…let me check it myself. Let's go Shiv, let's check her report and hear from Bhai, what the doctor has said." 

Nidhi went inside while dragging Shivay with her. Before entering the house Shivay gave both Ada and Sid one last suspicious look. 

Ada and Sid both sighed in relief and hi-five each other. Both of them happily went inside the house. 

After a long time, the Chauhans have a family gathering. They were very happy. They were also sad because Rik would be settled in London for at least two years. At the dinner table, they all chat happily. Shivay also put aside his suspicious thought for the day. He decided to ask about it later. 

After dinner when it was time for Rik's departure, Rik cried a lot. Ada, Adi and Rik, the trio who were inseparable since childhood cried a lot hugging. Sid also joined their hug. Everyone was sad about Rik's parting. All the elders and women of the house were a little dissatisfied with this decision of Adesh and Rahul. Rahul and Adesh decided this. They wanted Rik to learn about businesses more seriously. He always depends either on Adi or Ada. They wanted him to be independent. 

 *********

For two days Ada and Adi were very sad. They were very sad for Rik.  

Both Adi and Ada were leaning on the headboard of the bed while talking with Rik via video call. 

" Bro, my secretary is so beautiful. I think I will not only return with great work skills but also with a wife. Di, please help me to impress her" - Rik requested Ada. 

ADA : Wah! Now you need my help so I became Ada to Di. You never called me Di. Now, you need help so you are calling me Di? I will not help you. 

RIK : Don't be mean, Ada. 

ADA : Oh so back to Ada. If you cannot impress her yourself then don't try to pursue her. 

RIK : You know what… oh she is coming…bye guys…I am looking good, right? 

Rik didn't even let them answer. Before they could respond he cut the call. Both Ada and Adi looked at each other and started laughing. They were happy for their brother. They were happy that he was not sad anymore. 

ADA : Adi, I think now you should also find someone. Rik has already found a girl. 

" The way you are saying it, it sounds like you have also found someone for you. Have you?" - Adi asked Ada with a sceptical expression. Hearing his sister's words he felt like his sister had already found someone in her life. 

ADA : What?...umm of course not. I am just telling you. Go…I am very sleepy…good night. 

Saying this, she laid down properly and covered herself with a quilt. She was feeling guilty for not telling Adi about Dev. She has not gone on a date yet but she has started talking with him through phone calls and messages. Her liking towards him has grown more in these two days. She was guilty of hiding from her family and especially from her brother. 

Adi found his sister's words and behaviour very suspicious. He was sure that someone came into his sister's life and he had no idea about it. He didn't say anything more, turning off the lights and saying good night he left the room.

Hearing the sound of the closing door, Ada removed the quilt above her and looked towards the door with a guilty expression. 

—---------

The next day at the hospital 

Ada directly went to the receptionist " Hi, can you tell me in which ward the patient named  Devanshi is?" 

After looking at the computer for a few seconds the receptionist replied " Sorry ma'am. There is no patient with the name Devanshi." 

Ada was going to say more when a voice called her from behind making her startled.