Saturday afternoon, 3 pm

There is no more sun, but big black clouds. The campers check their tents and caravans. They look at the sky. Oh man! Not good! Not good at all!

Xavier arrives on his scooter. Emmett is very irritated.

Emmett: She's not here!
Xavier: In the village, they say it rains a lot on the mountain. Have you been listening to the radio?

Emmett immediately thinks of Sophie and her parents. The river is dangerous. He's a little afraid for her.

Emmett: Come on. Let's go see the river level.

He gets on Xavier's scooter and they slowly go to the river.
The water level is already very high. Too high for an September afternoon.
Emmett thinks about Sophie... and the campers. He is anxious.

Emmett: Hurry. Let's go see my father.

In front of the store, there is a grey car. It's Sophie's parents' car.

In the store, Emmett's father is listening to the weather forecast on the radio:

.... Alarm..... Very heavy rain. The water of the river risks to rise... about one meter... I repeat. Alarm..... Be careful...

Xavier is not listening to the radio. He's looking at a monotone blue cap, two large blue-violet eyes, long wet red hair, a blue anorak... .He is paralyzed.... He is paralyzed.... What a girl!

Sophie looks into Xavier's gray-green eyes.

Sophie: Are you okay?
Xavier: Uh, yeah. Are you wet?
Sophie: Yeah. It rains in your country.
Xavier: And in your country, it doesn't rain?
Sophie: Yes.

And she laughs.

Xavier: I'm Xavier, Emmett's best friend. You're Sophie?
Sophie: Yeah and this is my dog Snoopy...

Emmett looks at his friend. Xavier seems paralyzed. Emmett is irritated and... jealous. Why does Xavier like Sophie?
Emmett's father turns to the two boys.

Father: Emmett and Xavier, quickly give a message to all the campers. They need to come to the store because the situation is alarming.

The two boys get on Xavier's scooter and quickly go from one tent to another, from one caravan to another.

Emmett: Hello! We have a situation alarm. Situation alarm! You have to go to the shop.

Fortunately, all the campers get the message.