5.20 pm

Before Emmett can pull back, Xavier's arms are around him, so safe and warm in the dark cabin.

He feels a rush of helplessness, of giving in, of the increasing warmth.

Xavier bends his head over his arm and kisses him, gently at first, then with a rapidly rising intensity, making him cling to him to keep him from falling backward onto the floor.
His mouth parts Emmett's lips, sending his nerves running high, bringing up feelings in him he'd never known he could even feel.

The tea bubbling over the fire is long forgotten.

And before Emmett knows it, he's returning the kiss.

As they pull apart, both panting, faces flushed red, Emmett gives Xavier a weird look.

Emmett: What are you-

But before he could continue speaking, Xavier pulled at his arm once again, making him basically fall into his lap, before giving him a soft and sweet peck on the lips once again, making Emmetts heart jump and his cheeks go even redder, if that was even possible.

Xavier burries his head in Emmetts neck, not knowing what to say now.

Xavier: I think I like you.

Emmett tenses, but warmth fills his body, he feels so happy, so... complete.

Emmett: ...but you like Sophie.
Xavier: What?! Why would I like Sophie?
Emmett: Because... you... like girls.
Xavier: No. I only like you, Emmett. Only you.

Emmett stares down at his best friend, the guy that likes him, the guy that likes him.

Emmett: I think I... like you too.

And they kiss again.

As if their lives depend on it, and Emmett suddenly understands why people describe kissing as melting, because every square inch of his body is absorbed into Xavier's.

His fingers reach into his hair and pull him closer. Xavier pushes Emmett back, and they're on the floor, making out on the wooden floor of the old cabin.
The weight of his body on Emmett's is extraordinary.

All his worries about the storm are blown away, Sophie is forgotten as the smell of tea and fire fills the air.