7.15 pm

After changing into some fresh clothes, the boys sit in front of the fireplace, warming up and drying their hair.

It's dark outside the window, even though the old ticking clock over the fire says it's only quarter past five.
Rain drums against the window, every now and then a struck of lightning, immediately followed by the loud rumbles of thunder, the wind howling outside, and Emmett can't believe how warm it was just this morning.

Xavier: Storms like this are rare in this area.

Emmett nods.

Then it's quiet, neither of them knowing what to say.
Before the drowning silence can make them both suffer any longer, Emmett stands up.

Emmett: Our parents are probably worried. We should call them.
Xavier: Yeah, we should. Do you have your phone?
Emmett: It got wet from the rain and doesn't turn on. I think it's broken.
Xavier: Sh*t. I left mine at home because I didn't want that to happen.

Emmett sighs, before walking to the table and grabbing the two mugs standing on it.

Emmett: Have you checked if the elictricity works? I want to make tea.
Xavier: It doesn't. We have to make it over the fire. Can you grab the teapot?

Emmett hands him the two mugs before taking the teapot out from it's place below the blankets inside the drawer under the bed.

He pulls it out, together with some tea herbs, and fills it up with water from the old, rusty sink in the corner.
When the pot is finally full, he hands it to Xavier, who hangs it over the fire.

As they both sit back down, their arms brush, making Emmett shiver from the contact, even though he doesn't know why.

When he looks at his friend, the guy is staring at him, then at his lips, then back into his eyes, and before Emmett knows it, Xavier grabs his arm and pulls him closer.