Chapter 10

The message froze me in place. I did not know how to respond to the message. If I responded to the message, and she found out who I was, this would worsen the situation tenfold. However, if I don't respond to her, she wouldn't have anyone to talk with about this situation.

When I thought about it further, I realized that I would be equally doomed if I did, or did not, respond to the message because she would never forgive me. She might be a little angrier, but the result would be the same in the end.

Cheerprincess11: I know you've read this message. Can I vent to you?

Oh. So, it didn't matter in the end. She saw the message, and now, I would have to respond to her. If I were to say no in this situation, I would just seem like an asshole. However, the whole situation is already making me feel that way.

Nerdyprince12: Sorry! I was just getting into my pajamas, to get ready to be a couch potato for the rest of the day!

Technically, that was the truth, but just not the full truth. I was doubting if I would even respond to her message, which was what I kept from her.

Cheerprincess11: Send me a picture of your pajamas. I'll give you a fair and honest judgment on it! After all, I am the fashion queen!

The pajamas I was in were the ones that Savannah bought me, like 6 years ago. There was no way I was going to show her the pajamas that she bought, so I decided to change the topic instead.

Nerdyprince12: No pictures. You've already pushed me into a voice chat. You are sneakily convincing. Now, stop changing the topic. What has gotten my cheer princess so upset?

That was smooth, I hope. A little bit of humor is inserted inside while being direct. I would I was this good with my words around her.

Cheerprincess11: I am pretty convincing, as I've been told. I will eventually get you to do a face reveal, just give me time to do my magic!

Nerdyprince12: Stop changing the topic. Tell me what has gotten my cheer princess so upset.

That was essentially impossible because if she got my face reveal, she would never talk to me virtually or in person. Then, my sister would find out what happened, and it would be an absolute mess.

With that in my mind, I wondered why I just didn't stop talking to her virtually. I knew the sooner I stopped talking to her, the easier it would be for both of us. The reason was as obvious as it was. I genuinely like being around her, in every way I could. Could this be real love or my silly infatuation with my sister's pretty friend?

Cheerprincess11: For context, I have a boyfriend already. Do you remember that I told you that I'm pretty close to my best friend's brother?

Oh, she was going straight in. I felt like I should leave this conversation, but I just wanted what she thought of the situation. I could've made an excuse, and should have, but my curiosity refused to let me do so.

Nerdyprince12: His name is Josh, right?

I had to play dumb, but not too dumb, as it would show that I don't pay attention to her texts and her calls. If I acted like I was pretty sure, but not too certain, it would show that I showed interest in her life, but wasn't desperate.

Cheerprincess11: Yes. So, he had his first football game and scored the game-winning touchdown. So I decided to go and congratulate him. You won't tell anyone, anything I tell you, right?

My heart was palpitating, and I was nervous about what she had to say. She seemed to be impressed and genuinely happy about my performance, so I hope the rest of the rant is in a similar tone.