Friends in High Places

"Welcome back to class, Your Highness." Education. Of course. He's been getting a lot of validation in his education but as things are, people are starting to see that somethings have just become a bit too easy for him and so they've been continuously raising the difficulty of his studies.

As of now, he's learning things that he's supposed to be learning a lot later on.

Obviously, Technoblade is nothing but nonchalant and oblivious to his progress, the right prick he is. It's not like Tommy is seeking validation from that pig bastard, no, Tommy already knows how good he is. Not to mention, Tommy knows how technically this 'genius' is invalid because he's gotten a seventeen year head start.

Now that his education had caught up to this world, though, Tommy is expecting a decline on his academic progress. He's going to start flunking shit, but he wouldn't take it upon himself because in some other world seventeen had been the only age he's ever gotten to reach. Not to mention, they shouldn't pin it on the kid for suddenly losing his academic prowess. He's seven , he's at a curriculum that's supposedly a whole decade under him.

This is it, Tommy thinks. This is where his career as prodigy stops. He's reached his academic limit.

"It was nice knowing a few of your teachers," Henry laments, not really minding the things going on in Tommy's head at the moment. "Some of them can't even catch up to your rate of learning– they're trained to teach children, after all. You seem to be the exception." He praised, but by the end of it Tommy was still doomed. That validation is going nowhere if he's going to end up utterly stumped.

But also, them being trained to teach children? Horse shit. They can't teach for shit at all. They're overglorified scholars who got a good name on their forehead and a good name tag to boast to whoever is handling his education. They've got a good title, a good grasp on the shit they know, but teachers ? Tommy can't say that. They're shit at teaching. They're good at knowing shit though, so that's a plus.

At least Tommy knows though that there's at least an effort being put into his education. Thankfully there's parts of this world that he understands better because of the things he's already read (he loved the Prince of Song for its worldbuilding, after all), but surprisingly there are still a lot more to know about the world than whatever the novel had taken the effort to write down.

For one, the only things that the novel had bothered to write about were the things that had been the root and cause of conflicts in the Empire and in the surrounding Kingdoms, but thankfully those shouldn't be Tommy's concern until William arrives to start accidentally causing those conflicts.

Which is to say, at the moment and for the foreseeable future, not only has Tommy got a good three years to properly prepare but he also knows the shit he needs to know to resolve aforementioned conflicts before it escalates.

"Do you know when the new one is getting here?" Tommy asks, trying to switch up the conversation from his 'rate of learning' into something a little less centered on him.

Henry looked at his pocket watch, a cool silver thing that slings from his pocket in a chain, and hums. "In a...hm, in a few minutes actually. He's still likely to arrive on time." He says. His tutor looks up and smiles at Tommy. "One day, you might just outgrow even me, Prince Tommy."

Tommy groans. "Ugh, don't look forward to it." He says. He doesn't want to lose one of his staples in this castle. His constants. Unfortunately, things have been getting placed and replaced constantly and Tommy is losing his mind at the idea that he'd be constantly at his wits end trying to adjust to everything new. It's not like he needs new tutors either. He already knows the shit he needs to know to survive past fifteen, and knowing Tommy and his intelligent ways of surviving a novel that was written to kill him and everyone else that were once against Technoblade's side, he would very well live past his sixties. Eighties, if he's generous. Hundreds if what Technoblade said about their bloodline applies to his dumb ass.