A Sun-Baked Texan Kiss

By deanstruducken on Ao3

S

ummary:
Jolene Loretta Clearwater (who was donned the name Fender as in Fender Bender, for her explicit love of carjacking & theft) is the first girl at Camp Greenlake. After she was caught stealing from a downtown art exhibit in her hometown of Chicago. She’d been serving her time, 22 months at Camp. But, with her being the only girl, plenty had their eyes on her, alas she only had her eyes on one boy, and one alone, Ricky Hayes (the golden haired boy christened ZigZag for his love of pyrotechnics), and lord- did he have his eyes set on her, and the tension of it all- was beginning to snap.

Notes:
I gave Zig a last name for my story, he didn’t have one canonically.
As well as created some form of backstory with what material I had to kind of mold him more since he was a smaller part.
I know Holes is so random but trust me- it’s so worth it; best thing ever.

_______________________________

ZigZag practically towered over the girl who was backed up against the shovel shed, her arms folded over her, her hip popped out to the side. Her wavy long hair, freed from her braids ran along her sunburnt arms, he couldn’t help but smirk, hands in his pockets. He had a smooth southern accent.

Fender noted he was definitely from Kentucky, he was handsome, you’d have to have shit for brains to not be able to see it. He was tall, with fluffy blonde hair, and a smile that meant nothing but trouble. “I’ve gotta admit you’re pretty darn cute when you’re flustered, Jolene Clearwater.”

Fender raised an eyebrow, a small smirk on her face, a hint of defiance in her deep green eyes at that statement. Her jumpsuit uniform was rolled down and tied around her hips, exposing her somewhat sheer tank top, lightly coated in Texan desert dirt. The sunbaked wood of the shed was pressed up against her, warming her freckled back, she lolled her head to the side, playing coy.  “Who said I was flustered, Ricky ?”

She retorted back, emphasizing the name in a snappy manner, yet her smirk never faltered, exposing straight teeth behind devilish lips.

ZigZag kept his calm demeanor, shrugging, moving somewhat closer, his head craned down to keep in a steady sight of her view, as her head leaned back to keep her eyes on him to make sure he didn’t pull anything, that smile really did mean bad news, but she seemed to be liking bad news lately. “The bright red color of your face-“ He stated. Before chuckling as he watched her face fall, jaw hung open.

“Erm-“ She said after a moment, obviously running out of snappy responses.

They’d been best friends for months, and lately? There’d been a tension that only really one of them was trying to ignore.

ZigZag chuckled, “Got ya.” He had a triumphant smirk on his face. The girl raised her eyebrow, clearly amused, they had barely noticed how little distance there was between the two of them. They always had a slight worry of getting caught like this, together, when the camp fell silent, blanketed in the dark quiet, nothing but the moon, and millions of stars dancing across the night sky to light their way to each other. But? No matter how dark it got, they could count that the other would show up, right here.

This had been going on for months. And feelings, were something neither of them quite understood, one thing they did know? They felt something when they got close like this, there was a feeling from deep within, telling them this was necessary, they were meant to be here, there was no where else they had to be, but in this moment, no more than an inch apart, everything within them begging for them to just close the distance, let them indulge in what felt so wrong, but was so right.