Chapter 11: After the Calabash

Lloyd left Pigsy's Noodles when Frosty-Zane and Blaze-Kai weren't looking, distracted by MK coming in and acting off. Like checking to see if Pigsy was him and then hugging, almost crying, saying that it really was him. Although when he said that he was glad that they weren't perfect, which caused Tang, Mei, and Pigsy to go into rants about how he was wrong.

Seeing his opportunity to slip away, the little blond took it since Blaze and Frosty were trying to keep up with orders while Pigsy was 'busy'. He just wanted a break away from people, he hasn't been allowed to be left alone unless he's on one of the Bountys and even then he has to tell them where they are, and he swears it feels like he can feel their eyes on him all the time. The last time he was able to go off 'alone' was when he'd go over to Sandy's place and help him paint the boat. And then that weird thing with MK happened with clones happened and yeah...

All he wanted was a few minutes alone. Sure he understood they were just being protective, they kept saying it was because he was a kid and they were in an unfamiliar city, and how he has been kidnapped before. That didn't mean it didn't annoy him! He was left on his own for weeks before the ninjas took him to the Bounty after Pythor betrayed him! He survived!... Kind of.

He huffed and shook his head as he made it to the end of the street, it was past noon and the streets were mildly busy, but not overcrowded to the point he was being shoved every which way. His plan was to go around the block, maybe see if there was an interesting place close by when he saw two brightly colored figures sneaking about behind some crates. Lloyd frowned and narrowed his eyes, he could see what he assumed to be horns sticking out from the top, they moved slightly with their owners, but one was a blueish silver, and the other was an orange gold.

He hadn't seen many demons, the only ones he knew were Sandy, Pigsy, and that Red Son who hurt Kai, but he was going to assume that there was some behind there. Maybe up to no good?

He looked behind him towards the shop but went forward, he could handle it like he's been able to defeat his older brothers in hand-to-hand combat so this should be fine, and if not he could run. He crept closer, those on the streets didn't pay attention, and listened in from the other side, "So the calabash plan was a bust, but at least now we have the exact location. Next time we can jump the monkey boy!"

Monkey boy? Did they mean MK? And what was a calabash?

"Alright, so what's the plan?"

"Ah, well, obviously we have to think of one."

The other groaned in response.

"But now we can plan around what we know! He won't be expecting an attack so soon!"

Frowning, Lloyd climbed on top of the crates and looked over the two demons, one was blue and the other was orange, but they did look alike in the face, so maybe related? They were huddled next to one another as they kept talking about trying to make a plan when he finally spoke up, "What do you think you're doing?"

The two demons squealed as they jumped away from the crates and looked up at the child above them. The two panted a sigh of relief and the blue one spoke first, "It's just a kid."

Lloyd glared at them for that, "You're after MK."

"Ah, what? No-we was just uh, trying to find him to give him his...uh...book back! Yeah!" The orange one stammered.

"Yeah, he left it when he dropped off our delivery!" The blue one quickly agreed.

The kid gave them a deadpanned look, "I heard that you did something to him, and now you wanna jump him."

"Well, then you heard wrong!"

Are they really trying to argue with an 8-year-old? "Well~," he grew a sinister grin, "How about I go get him for you, saying that you have his book. I'm sure he'd be really happy to see you have it."