A Time in Camelot (1)

One of three stories meant to be a crossover to Merlin. I found this one abandoned on my computer and wondered if I could make it work for my short stories. But I already had two others Narnia/Merlin crossovers in progress at the time. (All of which involve Ana, but take place at different times in the timeline). The others will be posted as well since I got stuck on all of them (trying to turn them into short stories and they all ended up long or I had other issues which led to me abandoning them). Should even bother continuing it...?

This one has both time skips and skips because I got stuck (if I recall correctly) along with some notes to self and whatnot. It's also undetermined which time period (The Golden Age or Age of Exploration) it falls under for Narnia so there are remarks on how I would switch it to fit the others. This one also provides some insights into how I write since it contains other comments as well.

𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷

Summary: When circumstances force Ana out of Narnia, she is forced to flee to the one place she never thought she would go. To the one place where she would be killed for her magic. But she didn't have a choice. In order to save Narnia from an evil witch, she must seek aid from Camelot and hope it's not too late.

❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁

Ana didn't like it one bit. She didn't like it from the moment the woman had shown up at court. Didn't like the way she sweet-talked her way into the King's good graces. But she most certainly didn't like the darkness of the magic she possessed. She had felt it the moment the woman arrived and nearly recoiled with how harsh it was. She didn't like the woman's presence at all and the way it made her always feel on edge. Her magic knew something wasn't right.

But she couldn't tell the King because she hadn't done anything, not really. Aside from making Ana feel anxious all the time. But she knew the woman was hiding something. Every time she talked, Ana could tell something wasn't right. She just didn't know what. But she couldn't bring these suspicions to the King, not without proof. He seemed absolutely smitten with the woman and any negative word against her would likely end disastrously.

It was almost as if he was enchanted, but she felt no magic when left in his presence alone. It was possible she just couldn't feel it, as Ana could think of no other explanation as to why he seemed so entranced by her presence. She was all he would talk about whenever they were supposed to be working on other things, and Ana was starting to get annoyed with it. Some might say she was jealous—but why would she be? Any other time she would be happy that he had found someone, but not this time. Not when she knew this woman was up to no good and would likely use the Kingdom for her own the moment she could. It was possible she was starting to do so now. Though many of the Narnians were loyal to The Crown, if she could persuade the King it wouldn't be long before the Narnians followed.

"You've suffered so much," he stated, sadly.
The woman nodded, feigning sadness while Ana fought to keep her uneasiness off her face. "I have, my lord, and I'm grateful for your acceptance. I have felt more warmth and welcome here than anywhere else. I cannot thank you enough for your kindness." She smiled sweetly at the King and Ana took a sip of her drink to keep from frowning.

This woman really annoyed her, and she cast her eyes around the table to see if anyone else felt the same way. If they did, they were doing a good job of not letting it show. Something about the way the woman spoke made Ana feel sick to her stomach. She couldn't believe how easily he had welcomed her into his court. She didn't like this one bit, but she also didn't know how to stop it.