SIX

My heart skips a beat as my mouth goes dry. James looks at me with wide eyes and he licks his lips.

I try my not to look at Gray. I know his hands are probably clutched and his teeth clenched.
I know he'll probably start yelling when James starts to make a slight movement.

"Listen I know you guys are ex's or whatever but it's just a game." A random pink haired girl comments.

I swallow because I know she's right. It's just a kiss after all. It wouldn't mean anything anyway.

James clears his throat and says" We really don't have to if-"

"No. It's just a game anyway." I reply.

I crawl over to him and bring my lips to his sweet familiar ones.

At first it starts as a peck. But the feeling that I've tried so hard to get rid of never faded. I bring my lips back to him which shocks him completely.

He eventually places his rough large hands on my warm cheeks and caress them with his callused thumb.

The kiss is short lived but, I know I'll never be able to recover.

As we pull away,cheers from surrounding people erupt like a volcano.

My cheeks burn a bright red as I make my way back next to Grey.

...who isn't there. He left.

Gosh why did I just do that.

I'm so stupid. I was a month clean of thinking about Jamie.

James manages eye contact with me as I sit back down. I can't help but feel butterflies. I don't want to feel this way but, it's really not my fault.

I don't think.

I whisper to Maya,"I'm going to go the bathroom."

She nods understandably.

As I walk over there I stuff my face into my hands. I lay in the hallway against a wall away from view with my head stuffed in my arms and knees.

I can't believe I just did that. I'm so fucking stupid.

The pain washes over me along with a wave of tears and I start to lowly sob.
The tears blur my vision and I completely block out everything with the only thing I hear are my quiet sobs. How can I let him break my heart again?

Kissing him was like a familiar pair of arms hugging me, warm and gentle. Tears rush down my face, ruining any makeup I'd put on.

I feel a pair of arms wrap around my side.

Gray.

I begin to sob a little louder as I completely let myself go in his arms. He shushes me quietly as his hand softly caresses my hair. I look up at him as my lip trembles. I mouth a simple thank you as I continue to treasure his warmth.

"Gosh you couldn't have landed on anyone else?" he mutters.

"S-S-Shut up you asshat and make me f-feel better!"

"It's going be alright, principessa." he laughs and huskily whispers in my ear as he rubs circles on my neck.

I've never heard anyone call me anything other than my name. Hearing that coming from his mouth was strangely comforting.

"Do you wanna go home? We can go now if you like." He whispers in my ear.

I nod and we get up, my knees feeling a bit weak.

Still,what's with Gray being all sweet and nice to me. This is maybe the first time he touched me intimately that wasn't provoked by lust.

"Go stand by the door for me, I'll let your friends know we're leaving." he says.

I nod and stand not the door, texting Maya.

"Let's go." he says and we do.

The drive back is extremely quiet. But before me depart he says, "Listen, whenever you want to talk about this, I'll be here okay?"

I nod.

"Great." and we both get out of the car.

🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

i'm literally updating all of my stories.