Chapter 9: Explanation

'You should probably follow her,' suggested Simmons. 'Yeah, I should,' you said absently as you got up to walk out and into the hallways where you met Sophia again. 'Yo, Sophia, did you saw Iris walking through here?' you asked her and she nodded. 'Yeah, she went down the road and went into her room. Anomalies can enter their dedicated rooms at any time, but cannot leave without the guidance of a guard,' she explained as soon as she saw your confused face. 'Can you help me get to her?' 'She seemed pretty upset about something,' she told you. 'Yeah, I'm the reason she's upset, so I wanted to explain the situation to her,' you answered her. 'Ah, okay, follow me,' she told you and walked down the hallways.

Once the two of you stood in front of SCP-105's containment cell, Sophia opened the door with her level 2 clearance card. 'There you go. Let me know how it went,' she said, the last part softly and left.

You walked into the cell, which was mostly the same as yours, only it was clear that someone lived her for far longer than you did in your room. Above the standard, comfy bed the wall was decorated with more than a hundred photographs, one more beautiful than the other and all seemed like live camera footage from the photographed place. There was a desk with a seat and a shelf with books. All about photography and cameras and in alphabetical order, but one was missing. And on the bed, she was laying down on it with the missing book in her hands. She looked at you when the cell door opened and as soon as you stepped inside she coldly said: 'Get out.' 'No,' you said with a determined expression on your face, 'at least let me...' 'Get out,' Iris said with tranquil anger in her voice. You began to feel ticked off. 'I owe you...' You tried again, but to no avail. 'You owe me nothing! Now get out!' She was yelling at you at this point. 'I'm sorry,' you said. 'Oh, now you're suddenly sorry?!' she exclaimed. 'Not for that,' you said, but couldn't continue further as the blonde girl interrupted you again. 'What?! You're not sorry for killing someone, but you still apologize?! Then what do you apologize for, huh?!' 'For this,' you said and before she could even raise her arm to defend herself, you slapped her across the face, grabbed her arm and pinned her against the wall. 'Willing to listen to me now?' you said, agitation clearly shown. But she was too dumbfounded and shocked at your actions to even answer, so you let her go and she slumped to the floor. 'Why did you do that?!' she asked you with a red hand mark on her left cheek. 'You were being unreasonable, so I beat some sense into your brain, literally.' Was your answer. 'Fine, what did you want to explain to me?' she asked.

'Wait so you decided to join them?!' she asked after your explanation as if she couldn't believe you. 'What's wrong with that?' you asked innocently. 'What's wrong with that?! Seriously?! Everything is wrong with it?!' Iris became angry again. 'Then tell me, what's wrong with helping them and getting advantages out of it?' you responded. 'They only make you feel like you're important by giving privileges, but actually they just destroy you from the inside out!' she ranted. 'And where the fuck does this come from?!' you asked her loudly, 'Because this doesn't make any sense to me!' The blue eyed girl eventually calmed down, but tears formed in her eyes. 'Because that's exactly what they did. To me,' was her heartbreaking answer.

'Do you... want to talk about it?' you asked carefully. 'Somewhere more quiet,' she sniffled. You were first wondering why, until you looked around her room and spotted a CCTV camera. 'Alright,' you said and made a sign with your hands. Your, thumbs, index fingers and pinkies were folded, while your middle and ring fingers were touching one another. 'Domain expansion: malevolent shrine,' you decided to copy Sukuna's move from Jujutsu Kaisen. You did it in your fight against SCP-106, so why not do it now? The entire dimension vanished and was replaced by a dark and sinister shinto shrine with curled horn like appendages coming from the roof and a cyan, glowing, human teeth smile under the point of the roof and the opening to enter the shrine was like an wide opened mouth, with cyan glowing teeth too. You sat down on the black stone steps leading up to the shrine, while Iris looked at you with a mixture of astonishment, fear and wonder. 'H-How?' she asked you. 'Saw it in a series I once watched, the fight scenes and animation are top notch by the way, and thought "why not try it out myself" just now,' you simply answered. 'Wait, so this is the first time you've ever done something like that?' she asked you once again. 'Yes?' you answered questioningly. 'So you could have fucked it up?' she asks again. 'Yes, but it didn't, so I don't see the problem,' you said. 'But...' she began, but this time you interrupted her. 'You wanted a place away from prying eyes and ears and you got it. So, you're gonna tell me or what?' you sat and pointed to the ground she stood on, from which a simple black stone chair rose up and one appeared under you as well. 'What do you mean with "because that's exactly what they did to me"?' you asked her.