Chapter 10: Iris part 1

'So, what exactly do you mean with "Because that's exactly what they did to me"?' you asked her.

'Have you ever wondered how I, a seemingly totally normal girl, ended up here?' Iris asked you as she sat down on the chair made from unknown matter, but it sat pretty comfy. 'I did wonder that at times yes,' you admitted. 'But I never asked you as it's a very personal question. However, I will be all ears, if you decided to tell your story.'
'Thanks,' she said and then started explaining.

'It was a little over two years ago, when I was still sixteen years old. I felt like the happiest girl ever, as I recently moved in with my boyfriend at the time. He was three years older then me. We've had known each other for pretty much our entire lives. We went to the same elementary and middle school and in the last year of my middle school time, I finally gathered the courage to ask him out. As I awaited his answer, I was wrecking my nerves. Luckily he reciprocated my feelings and we both told our parents of our relationship, which they greatly supported. My time in high school were the best years of my life, spending almost all my free time with David, going on dates, watching movies at one of our homes while comfortably smuggling up to one another and going on walks through nature. He always loved nature and I loved taking photos, so people said that we were a perfect couple in that sense. After a year of working hard he had gathered enough money to buy his own little place and he offered me to move in with him. The moment those words left his mouth I felt like I was in heaven. He later told me that my reaction was so happy that it seemed like he had asked me to marry him. Unfortunately, it never got that far.

Just only a month in, it happened. Dave was at home as he had a day off, while I still had to go to school. I didn't know why I had a weird gut feeling at the time. My period shouldn't be in another week, but now I know why. At the end of my lesson, just before the end of the day, the feeling got worse and I picked the photo from my backpack. I always had a photo of David and me at home with me, that I took with my Polaroid One Step Express camera that I requested for my tenth birthday. I don't know why, but for some reason my power of manipulating photos is always more powerful when I took them with that camera. Anyway, I'm getting off track. So, I took that photo out of my bag and as soon as I touched it, it showed a live feed of our apartment as photos usually do when I touch them. However, instead of seeing an empty living room or David in said room I-I saw Dave standing there with his hands in the air and a burglar pointing a gun at him.' She started to sniffle and tears formed in her eyes as she recounted the painful memories. 'S-Sorry, it's just...' she tried to apologize. 'No, no, it's fine. Take all the time you need,' you told her. A moment later she seemed to calm down a bit again and continued.

'So, as I watched everything unfold, my legs moved on their own and ran to the direction of our home. A-And then Dave made an unexpected move a-and t-the armed man, h-he s-shot h-him!' At this point the girl was breaking down and almost fell out of her chair, but you caught her in time and pulled her against you. You whispered consoling words in her ear as you softly rubbed her back and gently stroked her head. You let her stay like that for a couple of minutes. After she settled down, she sat in her chair again as you sat opposite of her. 'We can stop if you don't want to,' you remarked, as you didn't want to push her. 'Yeah, I just want to be alone for now,' she took you up on your offer. 'Alright,' you said and snapped your fingers. As you did so, the entire surroundings quickly changed back to Iris' containment chamber. However, as you got back the door slid open, a dozen of armed guards stormed in and they aimed their guns at the two of you. 'Hands in the air!' one yelled. As soon as she saw that the blonde girl directly took a step backwards, leaving you in front of her. 'Guys! Calm down,' you tried to reason with them. 'Hands in the air and on your knees!' the same guard barked the order. 'I think this is one big misunderstanding,' you said. 'No, it's not,' a new voice entered the fray. It belonged to a woman with long blonde hair that reached all the way to the bottom of her back. She wore a black dress that reached to her thighs and black boots that reached above her knees. Over that she wore the simple lab coat. 'Ah, Dr. Buck,' you greeted her. 'Transport him to an interrogation room,' she said and then turned to you. 'We need to talk.' Right before you were led out by the guards Iris said something. 'Stop!' So you did and turned around. 'What's up?' you asked.
'Thanks. For listening to me.'
'You're welcome.'
Then one of the guards gave you a rough push and the door closed behind you.

You sat in the standard room, with a glass panel and bland walls. You sat down on the chair at one end of the table and Buck sat herself opposite of you. 'What were you doing in SCP-105's containment chamber?' she demanded. 'I was paying Iris a visit,' you simply answered, emphasizing her name with tranquil anger. 'And why were you doing that?' the blonde researcher wanted to know. 'Reasons,' you shrugged.
'You're not in a criminal investigation, so you don't have the right to remain silent.'
'And yet here we are, you interrogating me like I am one.'
'Why were you there?'
'Because I owed her some answers.'
'Answers to what?'
'Nonya.'
'What?'
'None of your business.'
'Very funny 666.'
'The name's (Y/N), I think I made that clear the last time we saw each other.'
'Where did you go?'
'I don't know what you are talking about.'
'This,' Buck said and gave you a tablet with apparently security footage of Iris' room. It showed you walking in, then the two of you arguing, then you looking at the camera and then the two of you just disappearing into nothingness as you did the hand sign.
'Oh, that. She wanted a place away from prying eyes, so I gave her one,' you said.
'What were you discussing in there?' she asked.
'Hmm, yes, let's go to a place without prying eyes to discuss restricted information and then spill it all as soon as someone asks for it.'
'It was worth a shot.'
'You're not wrong there. Now can I go?'
'As you apparently don't seem to be telling us anything anytime soon, I suppose so.'
'Good,' you said as you stood up and walked to the door. As soon as it opened four guards were waiting to escort you back to your room. 'A bit excessive, don't you think?' you said. 'No funny business,' one guard said. 'Now move.' And with that you moved to your room.

A/N: hey guys, sorry that this story wasn't updated in such a long time, but I had no idea what to talk about. Then I discovered that I hadn't discussed Iris' backstory yet, so yeah.

Let me know what so thought of this chapter.

Also, leave some ideas for future chapters, as I pretty much run out of ideas quite quickly.

Also, WHAT THE FRICKING HELL GUYS! WE GOT 20K READS!!!!!!

P.S: yes, I'm Dutch