Fluttering Wings

ngl this picture kinda the entire reason I wrote this

ew this is so gushy but I finished it so i'm not changing it deal with the immense fluff

Scar's P.O.V.

For awhile, I've wondered what was wrong with me.

At first, I just had assumed my hormones hadn't kicked in as fast as the other guys, but I played along in their horny conversations, pretending I felt the same. Then, as a year flew by, then another, then another, I felt there must be something different about me. Maybe I'm gay, I thought, and though I was nervous to, I started to let my mind wander when thinking of men. Though, even then, it just wasn't right.

I had once been on a few dates with a very nice boy, and though he was cute and I was happy with it, when he decided he wanted to touch me on the third date at home, I couldn't stand the thought. I allowed his hands to roam me, even when I felt immensely uncomfortable, and I let him strip my clothes. He seemed confused by my non interest, and though he attempted, he settled for a handjob that I gave him for his worries. When he left that evening, I didn't get many more messages before he ghosted me, which was expected.

After that whole experience, I felt even more ashamed and grossed out by the mere concept of sex and I wished for nothing else to do with it, forever alone but at peace.

Then, I met Grian.

At first, he was an acquaintance, then a friend, then a good friend, then a pal. I had started to grow attached to him in a way I never experienced before, I was protective of him like I've never been, and he was always in my mind. One evening about a year ago, without much to say, he kissed my cheek. That action started a small but gradual wave of him showing me and only me romantic affection quietly.

He'd hold my hand sometimes when we were sitting on a bench chatting, he'd hug me just a little too long at times, and he'd call me cute out of no where. Then, he started to sleep in my lap, hug my side as we talked to the other hermits, nuzzle my arm when he got too excited talking about whatever, and when he got the most excited, he would kiss me excitedly before fluttering away to frantically speak of whatever was on his mind.

At some point, him introducing me turned from 'this is my good friend, Scar!' into 'this is my dumb partner, don't mind a word he says' without us even talking about it, and to be honest, I didn't mind it at all.

He definitely was my partner, that's for sure. Probably the best term to describe our relationship. He felt down a lot more than he let on, and I'd always be there to emotionally support him. He seemed to realize that I responded better to physical affection when I was stressed or down, so that's probably why he's so close to me all the time. Well, it put me at ease, to say the least.

On New Year's Eve one night, Grian had had a few too many champagnes, and he was extremely giggly and happy, which I didn't mind, of course. He had harassed a majority of the hermits with pranks and jokes by now, and he seemed to be settling down a bit, his chaotic, spicy energy fading into a mellow, almost sleepy look. I smiled as he leaned against me on the couch of Cleo's place, feeling an instinct kick in as I held his hand.

"My tummy hurtsssss..."
"Hmm~ I wonder what could've caused that~?"
"Yea, yea~ make it go awayyy..." He whined pathetically, nuzzling his forehead into my shoulder and burrowing himself there as I chuckled.
"Abracadabra! Alacazam! You no longer feel the consequenceras of your actionams!"

He snorted immediately, then started to giggle dumbly again, falling over and into my lap as he covered his mouth, making me smile as I looked at him fondly.

"Sh-Shut up, Scar! You're so lame!"
"Not drinking on New Year's eve? That's what I call too cool for skool!"
"Shut upppuuhhhhh~"
"Hmhm~ Alright, but you have to go to bed if I do."
"Awwwww... Can you tuck me in~?"
"Of course, Gri~ I'll tuck you in all nice and snug like a bug in a rug!"
"You're so dumb-"