Chapter four

Elio didn't sleep very well that night, he never did get much sleep on the night of a full moon. Not when he could hear his fathers agonising screams and then howls, one didn't sleep very well when they could hear their dad tearing themselves apart in the attic.

For as long as Elio could remember he'd crawl into a ball under his covers and cry. He'd cry until he'd fall asleep in exhaustion startling awake to the wolfs own cry's of pain. He never did tell his dad the silencing charms didn't work very well, Remus became so exhausted and unwell before most moons his magic would exhaust too. So he opted for blast music on his Walkman to distract himself, he found his Metallica tapes were the best on moons.

The night Elio came home from Diagon alley his father had been asleep on the sofa so he sat and ate instant noodles in the kitchen before waking his dad up and helping him up the stairs to the attic.

He gave his dad a sad smile as he fastened the silver chains on the wall to his legs apologising when his father hissed in pain from the burning at his ankles. He left the room whispering a small I love you before bolting the heavy silver door shut and locking the many locks.

Remus always transfigured his bedroom door silver on the way up to the attic and Elio would have to push his desk in front of the door to barricade himself in once locking his dad up.

Elio woke up the next morning at seven to his alarm beeping obnoxiously, he'd set his alarm so he could help patch his dad up before they had to catch the Hogwarts express.

The brunette boy grabbed his dads wand and keys to the attic from his desk and shoved them in his pockets. He pushed the wooden desk back into the corner of the room and unlocked his door making sure to take a blanket from his wardrobe with him. Elio trudged into the bathroom and raided the cupboard, grabbing an assortment of herbs, ointments and bandages before heading up to the attic.

He unlocked the many locks and slid the bolt across the door cautiously walking towards the disheveled figure lying still on the floor. Elio's grey eyes scanned his fathers body after unlocking the shackles around his ankles.

"Common Dad its time to wake up" he spoke softly, gently shaking him awake.

Remus woke with a groan as he tried to sit up but a pain in his shoulder stopped him. Elio helped his father to lay back down as he assessed the torn dislocated shoulder, it must have gotten stuck during his transformation back.

"I'm gonna have to pop it back in dad" he told him one hand making its way to his fathers wrist and the other to his shoulder,pushing the arm up and back guiding the ball of the arm back into the shoulder socket with a sickening crack.

Remus winced but sat up against the wall with the help of his son. Elio handed Remus his wand back and watched as his father healed the torn muscle and gash on his thigh using a quick Episkey. The teen couldn't wait to come of age so he could use magic outside of school to help heal his dad after moons, but for now he watched helplessly.

Elio helped to clean some of the smaller scratches and grazes that littered his fathers body and face before applying healing balms and bandages.

The brown haired boy helped his father up and wrapped the blanket around his broken body, guiding him down the stairs slowly and into his room.