Apple Cider

•Millie's pov•

"Are you sure about this?"

I hesitated walking into the apartment of a man I just met not too long ago. I looked around to see if there were any signs of him being a serial killer, but found nothing.

"You bet I am. I wasn't going to let you go back home with that jackass." Lucas said walking into the kitchen.

I heard the refrigerator door open and close. Then heard the sound of a microwave came next. Lucas came back holding a mug of warm liquid and a bottle of hard cider.

He handed me the warm mug.

"Hard cider huh?" I asked an eyebrow raised.

"Mine is hard cider. You still look cold, figured some warm tea would do you some good."

I took a sip and hummed in agreement.

"Thanks." I said and sat onto his couch.

He nodded sitting down beside me, taking a big gulp of his drink while eyeing me from the side.

The tension from our almost kiss was still there. I was subconsciously leaning towards him and I sprung up nearly spilling my drink onto me. Lucas stood up to looking at me with concern.

"Are you alright?" He asked after a moment of silence.

I nodded looking around the room to distract myself from the thought of us being alone together. Not to mention his king sized bed was in clear view from where I stood. How badly I wanted him to take me to that bed and-

"That was from my older brother." Lucas' voice interrupted my thoughts, which I was thankful for.

It took me a minute to process what exactly I was staring at. It was a small statue of a fox that said, Key Valley 1997.

"He hunted wild foxes that would steal cabinner's food or other belongings down in Arizona." 

Lucas had a sense of loss in his voice.

"Where's your brother now?" I asked.

Which I immediately wished I hadn't asked upon seeing his demeanor change.

"Buried in Tsasa Cemetery." I covered my mouth to stifle a gasp of shock.

"I'm so sorry Lucas."

I put my hand on his back as he turned away from me and went to sit back down. Figuring I had ruined the mood of whatever was going on between us, I went and sat down next to him. Curling my legs up under myself, I accidentally leaned into his side.

Crap.

I was stuck. It was like a hole I fell into and couldn't get out of. My foot was caught on a blanket and I couldn't lean back over.

I could feel Lucas chuckling at my misfortune.

"Are you laughing at me?"

I asked in a mock condescending tone. Once I freed my foot, I sat back up I looking back over at him. Only to see that Lucas was already looking at me.

His face was a couple inches away from mine.

His opened his eyes and looked me over.

"You smell...really good." He whispered.

I breathed in sharply.

"Lucas....I don't know if-"

Before I could say another word he pressed his finger to my mouth. I was stunned in confusion while the simple touch set my body on fire.